Welcome to the Building Plan Submittal web page for the Department of Community Development - Building and Safety. The information provided within is intended to assist designers, architects, and engineers with the Plan Review process requirements for submitting acurate and complete set of plans for review by the City of Beverly Hills.
Plan Check Services provided by the Community Development Department - Building and Safety include:
- Building Plan Review
- Architectural Plans
- Structural Plans
- Demolition Plans
- Grading / Shoring Plans
- Green Building Plans
- Energy Plans
- Mechanical Plan Review
- Electrical Plan Review
- Electric Vehicle Plans
- Solar Panel Plans
- Plumbing Plan Review
- Water Efficient Landscape Plan Review
IMPORTANT PLAN CHECK NOTICE: The 2010 California Building Standards codes are now in effect, as of January 1, 2011. Projects currently under plan review have 180 days from date of application to be permitted once approved by the City of Beverly Hills Building and Safety division. Plan checks that were not been permitted before January 1, 2011 will not be eligible for plan check extension as stated in the Uniform Administrative Code section 304.4.
“304.4 Expiration of Plan Review…An application shall not be extended if this code or any other pertinent laws or ordinances have been amended subsequent to the date of application. In order to renew action on an application after expiration, the applicant shall resubmit plans and pay a new plan review fee.”
Minimum Building Plan Submittal Requirements
Expedited Plan Review Information
Plan Review Checklists, Details, Specifications, and Requirements
|MINIMUM BUILDING PLAN SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
Top of Page
- All plans and calculations must be wet stamped and signed by the engineer/architect of record.
- All plans must be drawn to scale.
- Minimum plan sheet sizes accepted: ARCH B or ANSI B (11x17).
- All plans submitted shall have the design professional identified including but not limited to the Company Name, Business Address, and contact information included as part of the submitted plans.
- All plans shall have the project property address identified on all pages of the plan set.
- All plans shall have the owner of the project property identified.
- Architectural Plans are required for submittal. Minimum of Four (4) stapled sets for new construction and Two (2) stapled sets for other projects.
- Structural Plans are required for submittal. Minimum of Four (4) stapled sets for new construction and Two (2) stapled sets for other projects.
- One (1) set of Structural Calculations are required for submittal.
- All set of plans shall contain a site plan, plot plan, general notes and specifications, details, and a cover sheet.
- Effective immediately - Professional of record shall provide the City of Beverly Hills as-built, digital-format plans upon completion of construction, and prior to final building inspection. City of Beverly Hills Agreement to Provide Digital-Format Plans
- Effective immediately - All set of plans shall contain the City of Beverly Hills Inspection Record document as part of the proposed set of plans. City of Beverly Hills Inspection Records Document – I agree to incorporate this into my proposed set of plans without modifying or changing the information provided.
- Effective immediately - All set of plans shall contain the City of Beverly Hills Pre-Construction Meeting Topics as part of the proposed set of plans. Pre-Construction Meeting Topics
- All Single Family Residential Plans shall contain the City of Beverly Hills Single Family Residential Project Summary as part of the propsed set of plans. Single Family Residential Project Summary
- Projects requiring plans shall include a construction management plan time schedule to be submitted for review. Visit the Construction Management Plan webpage for detailed requirements.
Expedited Plan Review Services are available upon request for both Building and Trade (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) plan reviews. The review is conducted by outside agencies contracting with the City, and incurs additional plan check fees payable at the time of plan submittal.
Expedited plan review services are only available for Building (structural and non-structural), Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing Code plan reviews. It is not available for zoning or planning plan check, public works, fire, or any other dept reviews.
The turnaround time for expedited plan check is usually two-weeks for each plan review cycle. The review comments and associated corrections, and the redlined plans are returned to the applicant prior to any other dept review comments that are necessary on any project. The Expedited Plan Review Services do not expedite plan reviews for all necessary departments needed for plan approval. The Expedited Plan Review services focuses on technical California Building Code review.
|PLAN REVIEW COMPLIANCE CHECK LISTS, DETAILS,
SPECIFICATIONS, AND REQUIREMENTS
Top of Page
The documents in this section are used to review plans submitted to the Department for verification of code compliance and provides details, specifications, and requirements.