Requirements by Reviewing Agency
- Addition to Existing SFR
Planning – Architectural set
Building & Safety – Full set
Fire – Architectural set
Public Works – Site plan/survey
Parks & Recreation – Site plan/survey
- Alteration to Existing SFR (no additional SF added)
Building & Safety – Full set (2)
Planning – Architectural set, site plan
Building Plan Submittal Requirements
- All plans and calculations must be wet stamped and signed by the engineer/architect of record.
- All plans must be drawn to scale.
- Minimum plan sheet sizes accepted: ARCH B or ANSI B (11x17).
- All plans submitted shall have the design professional identified including but not limited to the Company Name, Business Address, and contact information included as part of the submitted plans.
- All plans shall have the project property address identified on all pages of the plan set.
- All plans shall have the owner of the project property identified.
- Architectural Plans are required for submittal. Minimum of Four (4) stapled sets for new construction and Two (2) stapled sets for other projects.
- Structural Plans are required for submittal. Minimum of Four (4) stapled sets for new construction and Two (2) stapled sets for other projects.
- One (1) set of Structural Calculations are required for submittal.
- All set of plans shall contain a site plan, plot plan, general notes and specifications, details, and a cover sheet.
- Effective immediately - Professional of record shall provide the City of Beverly Hills as-built, digital-format plans upon completion of construction, and prior to final building inspection.
City of Beverly Hills Agreement to Provide Digital-Format Plans
- Effective immediately - All set of plans shall contain the City of Beverly Hills Inspection Record document as part of the proposed set of plans. City of Beverly Hills Inspection Records Document – I agree to incorporate this into my proposed set of plans without modifying or changing the information provided.
- Effective immediately - All set of plans shall contain the City of Beverly Hills Pre-Construction Meeting Topics as part of the proposed set of plans. Pre-Construction Meeting Topics
- All Single Family Residential Plans shall contain the City of Beverly Hills Single Family Residential Project Summary as part of the propsed set of plans. Single Family Residential Project Summary
- Projects requiring plans shall include a construction management plan time schedule to be submitted for review. Visit the Construction Management Plan webpage for detailed requirements.
Inspection Record Document
- Effective immediately, all Building Plans submitted to the City of Beverly Hills Department of Community Development shall have this document incorporated within. See Building Plan Submittal Requirements.
Mechanical Screen Change-Out Policy
- Review the Mechanical Screen Change out policy for existing legally non-conforming roof equipment. View Policy
Plan Check Submittal Declaration