The mission of the City Clerk's Office is to administer the democratic process of the City of Beverly Hills such as the municipal elections, City Council meetings, City records, and all legislative actions ensuring transparency to the public in an ethical, professional, and impartial manner.
The responsibilities of the City Clerk's Office are to:
- provide support to the Mayor and City Council
- provide service to the community and City departments
- plan, supervise and conduct all municipal elections
- maintain the official minutes of all proceedings, records, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and other official City documents and public records
- provide the required public notices for meetings and public hearings
- administer the City's Records Program
- codify and maintain the Beverly Hills Municipal Code
- administer the City's commission appointment/reappointment process
- act as filing officer for all reports under the State's Political Reform Act
- accept claims and legal process against the City
- respond to requests for public records
To make a request, comment or ask a question, go to Ask Bev!