The Cultural Heritage Commission is made up of five citizens who meet quarterly and make recommendations to the City Council on designation of historic properties and applications to the Mills Act program as well as other preservation issues.
The duties of the Cultural Heritage Commission include:
- Inspect, investigate, and recommend for designation of Landmarks and Historic Districts to the City Council
- Compile and maintin a List of Local Master Architects
- Conduct studies and evaluations of applications or proposals seeking the designation of potential Landmarks and Historic Districts
- Provide Recommendations to the City Council regarding the utilization and promotion of incentives and grants to advance the preservation of Historic Resources in the City
- Participate, promote and conduct public information, educational and interpretive programs pertaining the Historic Resources
- Develop a program to celebrate Historic Resources, and recognize outstanding maintenance, rehabilitation, and preservation of Landmarks, Historic Districts and Contributing Properties
For more information on Historic Preservation Program, please click this link: Historic Preservation
To view audio/video of past Cultural Heritage Commission meetings, please click this link: Archived Cultural Heritage Commission.