Font Size

Questions (Ask Bev)

Video on Demand


iMap (GIS)


Water Tracker

Org Chart

Advocate Registration
Departments City Clerk's Office City Clerk's Office FAQ's
City Clerk's Office FAQ's

When does the City Council meet?

  • The regular meeting schedule is the first and third Tuesdays of each month, with Study Session meetings at 2:30pm and Formal meetings at 7pm.  However, these schedules can vary, so you may check with the City Clerk's Office, or access the meeting schedule on this website.

May I address the City Councilmembers at a meeting?

  • Yes, the public may address the City Councilmembers at the meetings.  You will need to complete a speaker slip and hand it to the City Clerk or recording secretary prior to the commencement of the meeting.  You will have the opportunity to speak up to 3 minutes (at the Mayor's discretion).  Audience comments for items not on the agenda will be taken at the beginning of the meeting under Oral Communications.  Comments for items on the agenda will be taken when that item is called.

How do I request copies of City documents?

  • Request for easily identifiable documents may be made in person in the City Clerk's Office and copies are made available at that time for a fee.  However, more complex document requests must be submitted in writing.  The City has 10 calendar days to respond and will advise the requestor, in writing, as to availability of those records for inspection or photocopying.

How do I obtain a marriage license?

  • The City does not issue marriage licenses.  Licenses may be obtained from the Beverly Hills Branch of the Los Angeles Superior Court, Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 3pm.  The telephone number is (310) 288-1261.  For more information or for other locations, please call the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder County Clerk's Office at (800) 201-8999, (562) 462-2137, or on their website at http://www.lavote.net/home/county-clerk/marriage-licenses-ceremonies/general-info.

How can I obtain copies of birth, marriage or death records? 

  • Birth, Marriage and Death records are archived by the Los Angeles County Registrar's Office. For more information about obtaining birth, marriage or death records, please call the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder County Clerk's Office at (800) 201-8999, (562) 462-2137, or click on the following link to be connected to their records page: http://www.lavote.net/home/records.

Where do I pay my business taxes?

  • Business tax for businesses inside the City are issued in our Administrative Services Department/Customer Services Division.  You may contact them at (310) 285-2424.

When is the next City Council election and what are the requirements to run for office?

  • City Council elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of March in odd-numbered years.  The next election is scheduled for March, 2017.  Each candidate must be at least 18 years of age, a citizen of the United States, and a registered voter residing within the Beverly Hills City limits at the time nomination papers are issued. 

How do I change the date of my Jury Duty service? 

  • Jury Duty service is handled through the Los Angeles County court system.  Please contact the Los Angeles County Superior Court's Juror Service Telephone Center at (800) 778-5879 or go to www.lasuperiorcourt.org/jury.

Where do I get the City's demographics?

When was the City incorporated?

  •  January 28, 1914

Do the City Councilmembers represent individual districts?

  • No, the City Councilmembers are elected at-large and represent the entire City.

Is Beverly Hills a General Law or Charter City?

  • Beverly Hills is a General Law City.

What political parties do the City Councilmembers belong to?

  • The City Councilmembers are non-partisan.