Fire Plan Check and Inspection Services
Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Plans
- Applicant submits two copies of fire alarm and sprinkler plans to the Division of Building & Safety located in City Hall.
- Plan check turnaround time is two weeks from date of submittal AND payment.
- Plan check corrections, if any, are written on the plans (please return with resubmittal plans).
- Upon review and approval, an inspector is assigned to the permit. The inspector’s name and phone number are stamped on the plans.
- Plans are made available for pick up at Building & Safety, and no appointment is required.
- Upon picking up approved plans, the applicant can call the assigned inspector directly regarding any inspection related questions or to set up an appointment.
- An automated email is sent out to applicants when any change in permit status occurs. Applicants also have the option of logging into their OBC account (http://apps.beverlyhills.org/obc) to check permit status.
Over the Counter Plan Check (OTC)
- OTC plan check is available on Wednesday and Thursday at Building and Safety.
- Applicant may contact Plan Checker Cecilia Kim at 310-281-2716 for an OTC appointment.
- Tenant improvement projects not requiring review of calculations qualify for OTC plan check. Please provide two sets of plans.
- Two 30-minute appointments are required (back to back).
- The first appointment is with the Development Service Technician (DST). The applicant fills out an application, pays associated fees, provides contractor license, workers compensation, etc. A permit number is then assigned to the project.
- The second appointment is with Plan Checker Kim. Plans are reviewed over the counter and the permit is issued if approved (if plans are not approved, corrections are provided and a follow up OTC appointment is offered to the applicant).
How to Apply for Plan Check?
Water Flow Report Request
- To obtain a copy of water flow reports for Fire Sprinkler Plan Checks applicants can submit an application and payment to the Cashier for the City of Beverly Hills located on the first floor at 455 N Rexford Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
- The Cashier will only accept the application and process payment requests. Public Works Department will process and provide the water flow reports. All water flow reports are not immediately available.