Contest a Parking Citation
Step 1: Request for Administrative Review
- Mail a written statement explaining why you feel the citation should be dismissed to the address on the back of the citation:
Citation Review Center
P.O Box 515258
Los Angeles, CA 90051-6558
- Click here to contest a parking citation online. (Please note that by clicking on the link to contest your parking citation online, you are leaving the City of Beverly Hills' official website and entering a website maintained by a third party vendor for the City of Beverly Hills.)
- Include all documents that may support reason for dismissal (e.g., a copy of a permit, photos, copies of disabled placard/ID, etc.) The request must be made within 21 days from the date the citation was issued, or 14 days from the mailing of a notice of delinquent parking violation.
- If you do not respond within the allotted time frame, the citation status will change to delinquent and you will have no further recourse in contesting the citation.
- Parking enforcement officers or Department staff is not authorized to dismiss citations from a verbal request or statement.
- When the contesting letter is received, the "penalty clock" stops until the citation is reviewed. No additional penalties are assessed during this time. Staff will review the citation and related evidence, it may include an investigation of the violation site, verifying permit records, contacting the issuing officer, etc. Expect several weeks for your citation to be reviewed and a letter with the result of the administrative review will be mailed to you.
- If you are found liable, you have 21 days from the date of the results of the administrative review to pay the citation and request a hearing with an administrative hearing examiner by following the directions in the letter.
Step 2: Hearing Examiner
If you disagree with the finding of the Administrative Review, you may request a hearing with an administrative hearing examiner by either a personal appearance or written statement.
- At this point, you must pay the citation before appealing the citation further.
- You will have the opportunity to submit additional evidence and/or speak directly with a hearing officer.
- To schedule an appointment, mail payment and hearing request to the address indicated on the results of the administrative review letter.
- Administrative hearings are held in Beverly Hills on Tuesday mornings and West Hollywood on Tuesday afternoons.
Step 3: Municipal Court Hearing
- If you are found liable at the administrative hearing, your third and final level of appeal is with the Municipal Court.
- You must file in person at the Beverly Hills Superior Court, located at 9335 Burton Way, within 30 days from the mailing date of your 'Hearing Examiner's Notice of Hearing Decision' to request a court date and pay a $25.00 filing fee (refundable only if found not liable).
- You must then provide the official 'Notice of Appeal of Judgement and Notice of Hearing' obtained from the Superior Court to the Beverly Hills City Clerk's Office, located in City Hall at 455 N. Rexford Drive, Room 290.
If you are found liable after the Municipal Court hearing, there is no further recourse for contesting a parking citation.