Moving Van Parking
In order to facilitate moves in and out of Beverly Hills, the City provides temporary "No Parking" signs to aid in securing space to park a moving van/truck.
A permit is not required, however residents must follow the following regulations which govern the posting of "No Parking" signs for moves:
3. Residential moves are limited to the hours of 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m., daily. Residential moves located on the north side of Santa Monica Blvd do not require "No Parking" signs. Commercial moves may be restricted, based on location, to move dates on Sundays only. Note: All posted street parking signs for street sweeping are enforced and not exempted with a "No Parking" sign.
4. Signs must be obtained and posted on trees/parking meters/light poles in front of move location no less than 72 hours in advance of move date. Please notify Police Department at (310) 550-4875 when signs have been posted. Use of nails, tacks, staples or other intrusive method of attachment to City trees is not allowed. Signs must be removed at the conclusion of the activity or upon expiration, whichever occurs first. Signs may not be altered or reused.
5. The posting of "No Parking" signs is intended to aid in securing space to park a moving van/truck in an otherwise legal location at the curb and ease possible time restrictions which may be posted. It is not an exemption of other applicable laws (e.g. red zones, handicapped zones, loading zones, etc.). Violation of any conditions listed immediately voids the signs.
6. Movers must maintain a clear and safe walkway for pedestrian traffic at all times: no sidewalk closure or diversion of pedestrians into street, and no storing or staging of furniture, equipment or containers on the sidewalk or in the street is allowed. Storage crates, PODS, and shipping containers are not allowed to be stored overnight in the public right-of-way.
7. Signage information must be complete and legible from the first traffic lane in order to be deemed valid and enforceable. Please refer to your receipt number in the “Permit Number” field.
Futher questions may be directed through the Public Works Customer Service Center at (310) 285-2467, or the City's Ask Bev online system.