Valet Parking Permits
SHORT-TERM VALET PARKING PERMIT (2014 - 2015)
If you require valet parking for a single event in a residential or commercial area of the City, the valet company you hire needs to be a company that is authorized to work in the City of Beverly Hills. The valet company is also required to obtain a valet parking permit on behalf of the resident or business.
- Complete all required information on the Short Term Valet Parking Application and Permit form (PDF file below) and fax to Department of Transportation at (310) 858-5965.
- A parking location and route map must be faxed with the Valet Parking Application and Permit (Short Term). Events in commercial areas are required to park in off-street parking facilities the use of these facilities costs $3.00 per vehicle and must be approved by parking operations prior to approval.
- Transportation staff and the Police Department will review the Valet Parking Application and Permit (Short Term) and map, and fax back an approval or denial prior to the scheduled event.
- Current fees are $103.00 per event for short term residential valet permits and $138.00 for commercial valet permits.
- Events in the commercial areas must also reserve metered parking space for the loading and unloading of passengers. These permits are called Valet Parking Meter Use Permits. They are currently $47.00 for the permit and $52.20 for the Permit Issuance Fee and $7.00 for each sign required. Parking meter revenue is also charged when meters are reserved. This fee is applicable for the hours of operation for the requested meters. This permit is payable when the signs are picked up in City Hall, at the Building & Safety department. Signs must be posted 24 hours prior to an event.
- Events in residential locations, which require temporary “No Parking” signs, require additional time for processing because the signs must be posted 72-hours prior to the event. These permits are called Valet Parking Sign Permits. They are currently $45.70 for the permit and $52.20 for the Permit Issuance Fee and $5.00 for each sign required. This permit is payable when the signs are picked up in City Hall, at the Building & Safety department. Signs must be posted 72 hours prior to an event.
- In addition to the requirement above, the following is required to be filed with staff:
- A current Certificate of Insurance approved by the City Risk Manager.
- A current Beverly Hills Business Tax Certificate to operate as a valet parking operator.
- Requests should be submitted at least 48 hours (two business days) prior to the event. The Transportation and Police Departments review each request to ensure required insurance is on file with the City and safety requirements are met. The CIty reserves the right to deny, make modifications, or add conditions to the valet permit.
- Parking Control Officers are provided copies of approved permits and routinely inspect the operations. Operators that do not adhere to the conditions of the approved permit are subject to a citation.
COMMERCIAL VALET PARKING PERMIT ANNUAL/SIX MONTH (2014 - 2015)
A commercial valet parking permit is necessary for any long-term valet parking operation. The following requirements must be met.
- Complete all information requested on the Annual/Six Month Commercial Valet Permit application.
- Provide a copy of current California Driver's License of the person signing for the application.
- A letter from the restaurant/business requesting a specific valet company service for the proposed location.
- A current City of Beverly Hills Business Tax Certificate for operation at the proposed location.
- Valet Route Map(s) to and from operation and parking location(s) including any parking meter spaces required for vehicle pick-up/drop-off.
- Complete all information requested on the Parking Facility Letter Agreement.
- A Certificate of Insurance to be completed by an authorized insurance representative on a Certificate of Insurance form provided by the City.
- If Workers Compensation information is not included on the City form, please provide it on a separate certificate.
- All valet parking attendants employed by the valet parking company must have the required ID cards issued by the BHPD in their possession whenever they are assigned to work at the proposed parking location.
- The ID Card fee should be payable to City of Beverly Hills, ($165.00 City application. $32.00 Police investigation which includes fingerprint and ID photo fee). The ID permit is valid for a maximum of three (3) years.
Payment of Fees:
New Application: $1,799.00
Application/Transfer Fee: $285.00
Six-Month Fee: $1,037.00
"Tow Away, Valet Parking" Signs (9"x24"): $142 each
Meter Revenue if applicable.
Once the above documents have been submitted, staff reviews the application and if necessary, schedules a public hearing with the Traffic and Parking Commission at their monthly meetings before the final commercial permit is approved.