The City Council of the City of Beverly Hills created the COVID-19 Business Recovery Assistance Task Force in April 2020. The Task Force is comprised of local business leaders to plan for the recovery and develop strategies for success for our business community as Beverly Hills prepares to re-open following the pandemic. The members of the Task Force bring decades of Beverly Hills business, hospitality and tourism experience to this critical dialogue and will lead an even more diverse group through discussions with the business community.
The Task Force will not determine the HOW or the WHEN a business will re-open however the Task Force will help inform the City and its partners on how we can help our businesses not only re-open but thrive in the new normal. The Task Force will be focused on policies that the City of Beverly Hills can evaluate for our Beverly Hills businesses as a whole related to fees, taxes, zoning limitations, signage, parking and more. If you have any specific suggestions related to those topics please feel free to email email@example.com or participate in one of the public meetings.
COVID-19 Business Recovery Assistance Task Force members:
- Howard Fisher – City Treasurer
- Offer Nissenbaum – Hotel & Hospitality
- Sandy Murphy – Hotel & Hospitality
- Russell Goldsmith – Banking & Financial Services
- Debbie Quick - Land Use Attorney
- Bill Wiley – Property Management
- Giacomino Drago - Restaurateur
- Tom Blumenthal – Retailer
- Sabaa Kamal – Retailer
- Sunny Sassoon – Retailer
- Todd Johnson - President and CEO, Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce
- Kathy Gohari - Rodeo Drive Committee
- Julie Wagner – CEO, Beverly Hills Conference and Visitors Bureau
In addition, the Task Force has been broken down further into two subcommittees to focus on policies specific to various industries.
Task Force Subcommittees:
- Tourism/Hospitality/Restaurants Subcommittee
Next Meeting: Friday, May 22, 2020 2:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Retail/Property Subcommittee
Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:30am - 11:30am
Watch meetings live at beverlyhills.org/live.
For more information on the Task Force and how to share your expertise please contact Laura Biery,Marketing and Economic Sustainability Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Missed a meeting? Click here to watch what happened.
Future meetings of the Task Force and Subcommittees will be broadcast on Beverly Hills Television (Spectrum Channel 10 or 35) and available for viewing online at beverlyhills.org/live