FAQ - I own a restaurant in the city and would like to put some tables and chairs outside. What do I have to do in order to get approval?
Answer: An open-air dining permit needs to be completed and submitted to the Planning Division, and the application requires an architectural review. The following items should also be submitted along with the application:
-Written proof of acceptance of the proposed open-air dining plan by the property owner;
-Plans showing accurate layout of tables and chairs and other exterior improvements (trees, parking meters, etc.); in context with neighboring businesses, show a clear path of travel for passing pedestrians
-Samples of colors and materials of the furnishings
-Structural details showing sidewalk connections of any barriers or other proposed fixtures;
-Elevation showing open air dining plan
-Proof of liability insurance (form provided by the City)