The Community Development Department processes permit records requests and provides access to the following building records for residential and commercial properties:
- Building Permits (1918 to present)
- Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing Permits (1987 to present)
- Building Plans (1955 to present)
- Certificates of Occupancy (Late 1950s to present)
- Geological/Soils Reports (1950s to present)
- Planning Documents (Resolutions, Covenants, Conditional Use Permits, etc.)
To request copies of records not listed above, submit a Public Records Request form through the City Clerk's Office. City Clerk’s office can be reached at (310) 285-2400. Find out more on our Public Records webpage.
Recent Monthly Permit Reports
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
Property Information Search
Visit this page to access public information on Beverly Hills properties.
To access the City of Beverly Hills online services for permit records research of development related applications click here.
To Request Public Records
Fill out the Public Records Request Form - Community Development.
Scan and email the completed records request form to email@example.com
Please note that all review of records is by appointment only. No photography, re-drawing or other duplication is allowed. If copies are needed, see staff for the required duplication forms. Permission must be granted by the owner and professional of record before copies can be made. To schedule an appointment to view records, submit a Records Request form and contact the Records Division at (310) 285-1141.
To Request Plan Duplication
First, verify the Community Development Department has the requested plans.
Then follow the Procedures for Requesting Copies of Building Plans
Note: Plans cannot be duplicated without written permission from both the property owner and the licensed professional who signed the plans.
To Request an Address Change or Address Verification
Please visit our Address Change or Verification page.
Zoning Verification Letters
Zoning Verification Letter (Zoning Conformance Letter) is a request for copies and information collectively of the following:
- Property zoning
- Planned development
- Any variances, special exceptions, or conditions
- Current use
- Parking regulations and requirements
- Site/Zone Requirements
- Inspection information
- Certificates of Occupancies
To obtain a Zoning Verification Letter the following must be submitted:
- A written request outlining the items of interest to be verified by the zoning letter.
- Check for $379.00 (per FY 19/20 Fee Schedule) made payable to The City of Beverly Hills
City of Beverly Hills
Community Development Department
Attn: Planning Services Division
455 N. Rexford Dr. 1st Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90210