- Recent Monthly Permit Reports
- Plan Duplication Requests
- Request An Address Change or Verification
- Zoning Verification Letters
building records are accessible online:
The Community Development Department provides access to building records for residential and commercial properties:
- Building Permits (1918 to present)
- Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire Sprinkler, and Fire Alarm Permits (1987 to present)
- Certificates of Occupancy (Late 1950s to present)
- Geological/Soils Reports (1950s to present)
- Planning Documents (Resolutions, Covenants, Conditional Use Permits, etc.)
- Permit Applications
- Building Information Sheets, Field and Parking Surveys
CLICK HERE to search for property information records.
Completed seismic investigation plans and associated documents are uploaded to the State Geological Survey archive files. Please access the CGS website https://www.conservation.ca.gov/cgs for site-specific seismic investigation reports. https://maps.conservation.ca.gov/cgs/informationwarehouse/regulatorymaps
To request copies of records not listed above, submit a Public Records Request form through the City Clerk's Office. City Clerk's office can be reached at (310) 285-2400. Find out more on our Public Records webpage.
Recent Monthly Permit ReportS
Plan Duplication requests
First, verify the Community Development Department has the requested plans, by submitting the Public Records Request Form--Community Development
Then follow the Procedures for Requesting Copies of Building Plans
Note: Plans cannot be duplicated without written permission from both the property owner and the licensed professional who signed the plans.
To Request an Address Change or Address Verification
Please visit our Address Change or Address Verification page.
Zoning Verification Letters
Zoning Verification Letter (Zoning Conformance Letter) is a request for copies and information collectively of the following:
- Property Zoning
- Planned Development
- Any Variances, Special Exceptions, or Conditions
- Current Use
- Parking Regulations and Requirements
- Site/Zone Requirements
- Inspection Information
- Certificates of Occupancy
To obtain a Zoning Verification Letter, the following must be submitted:
- A written request outlining the items of interest to be verified by the zoning letter.
- Check for $711.00 (per FY 22/23 Fee Schedule) made payable to The City of Beverly Hills. Payments can be made online through the CitySmart system: www.beverlyhills.org/csportal
City of Beverly Hills
Community Development Department
Attn: Planning Services Division
455 N. Rexford Dr. 1st Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90210