How to Request an Address Change:
- Property Owner Letter - Property owner or owner’s agent shall provide a letter to the City requesting a change of address or new addresses. Letter must include the proposed address and reason for request (letterhead stationary required.)
- As Built Plans/Diagrams
- Plot of the property
- Floor plan of all buildings on the property.
- Listing of all existing addresses (buildings, suites, units, etc.) with clearly indicated proposed changes.
- Required documents may be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Records Staff) or submitted to the Community Development Department at City Hall.
- The requestor will be required to pay a “Change of Address Fee” in accordance with the schedule of fees and charges at the time of acceptance of required documentation. The change of address fee will not be refunded if the change of address is denied or rejected.
Approved Changes of Address, What’s next?
Once initiated, Records Staff will cross-reference the requested address to the City’s change of address requirements. Additionally, the Fire Department must approve all changes for emergency response purposes.
If approved, and City address records will be updated, the City will send out official address notification letters to the owner as well as the following organizations:
- Beverly Hills Finance Department
- Beverly Hills Fire Department
- Beverly Hills Information Technology Department
- Beverly Hills Police Department
- Beverly Hills Public Works
- County 911 Coordinator
- Los Angeles County Assessor’s Office
- Southern California Edison
- The Gas Company
- U.S. Post Office
Please note that address updates may take 4-6 weeks to process completed documentation. For more information, please contact Community Development at 310-285-1141 or email email@example.com.
Both aforementioned documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Records Staff).