APPLICATION FACTS AND FORMS FOR ARTISTS
The Fall 2019 artSHOW will be held on October 19 & 20, 2019 and the Spring show will be held on May 16 & 17, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in the Beverly Hills Art Show. The deadline for the fall show has passed and the application is closed. The application for the Spring show will be available in early November and will be due on February 14, 2020. To apply to future shows please go to Juried Art Services, you will find a complete brochure describing the event and an easy-to-fill-in application. You can: 1. REGISTER/CREATE YOUR PROFILE, 2. CREATE A PORTFOLIO, and then 3. APPLY. (Once application opens in early November)
We ask all artists to be thoroughly aware that this show is carefully juried by a panel of fine art professionals. There are always many more applicants than space allows, so not all artists will be accepted. An outside panel (which changes from show to show) selects the artists for every show.
PART A - FOUR APPLICATION ITEMS are needed to apply. We require from any artist, for each show application, the following four items:
1. 8 distinct photos of 8 separate pieces of art within one single, specific category. The 11 categories are: painting | watercolor | traditional printmaking and/or drawing | photography | digital art | 2-D mixed media | 3-D mixed media | sculpture | ceramics | glass | jewelry. Please submit artwork that is no older than 4 years.
2. 1 photo or drawing of your display at the show (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE BOOTH DISPLAY SAMPLES). Bear in mind that your space will be a minimum of 12.5 feet wide x 10 feet deep, on a flat lawn area, so use this information when photographing, drawing or otherwise creating your display image. Photographs preferred to drawings, but accurate drawings are accepted. You may request a larger space when you fill out the form, but no advance guarantees! The fee is the same for every space in the show and there are no "double spaces". (Overhead structures like canopies cannot be larger than 10' X 10', even though all of the spaces are larger; wall units cannot be taller than 8'.)
3. An application fee of $35.00 which is non-refundable once paid.
4. An acceptance fee of $415.00 will be required, only if accepted. Parking for the accepted artist, at designated city facilities throughout the show weekend and during set-up and breakdown, is included in the acceptance fee.
PART B - THREE SEPARATE SECTIONS in Juried Art Services. Right before you log on to Juried Art Services, please read these 3 steps which correspond to 3 distinct sections.
1. If you are new to Juried Art Services, the 1st step should be to Register Now (command on upper right side of page) and CREATE A PROFILE. This simply includes your professional contact information, along with a user name and password.
2. Then CREATE A PORTFOLIO. Name your portfolio something simple like: BHartSHOW-Spring2019.
Now you'll upload at least 8 high resolution photos of your art and 1 booth display image to your portfolio, but not yet to your application - uploading photos DOES take time. Rules for the digital sizes of your photos are on the JAS website.
3. APPLY. Fill out the application form for this show, but please read the brochure first! To complete the application SELECT your 8 photos of 8 different artworks and 1 photo or rendering of your anticipated display. The early application deadline fee is $35 and you can pay when you complete the application. You can edit or change your application after you apply.
When you have read this over and are ready to create your profile, portfolio, and application, click here - www.juriedartservices.com.
If you have more questions about applying, you may also call us at 310.285.6836, or email Karen - firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also let us know that you would like to be on our artists' list for information on future art shows by emailing us at email@example.com.
The shows are held always twice each year, during the third full weekend of May and the third full weekend of October.
Thank you very much for your interest in The Beverly Hills artSHOW, and good luck!