About the Program
On January 1, 2019, the City of Beverly Hills upgraded its Taxi Coupon Program to a new Senior and Disabled On-Demand Transportation Program with Ambiance Transportation. The On-Demand program would complement the City’s dial-a-ride shuttle program by providing trips to senior and disabled residents on short notice, during weekend and evening hours, or to destinations outside the dial-a-ride service area.
Ambiance will use its fleet to respond to trip requests. If a trip request is made outside of Ambiance’s service hours or cannot be fulfilled by an Ambiance vehicle under 20 minutes, Ambiance will dispatch the request via their technology platform to Lyft.
Participants are able to access the program 24/7 via phone by calling Ambiance’s call center and could also take advantage of new technologies to access the program, including a specially designed mobile app and an online web portal.
For more information, please download the On-Demand Transportation Program Brochure (PDF) or call (310) 981-9318.
The program is for Beverly Hills residents age 62 or older, and disabled residents with certain medical conditions.
Participants may purchase $24 of fare credits for only $6.00 in any calendar month. Fare credits expire on June 30 of each year. Participants may travel to and from locations that are within 10 miles of the borders of the City of Beverly Hills.
Existing participants of the Taxi Coupon Program do not need to re-apply. Existing participants' account balances and benefits will remain the same.
Prospective participants are able to apply for the program by mail or online. Instructions on how to apply for the program are as follows:
How to Enroll by Mail
- CLICK HERE to access the paper application form (PDF)
- Print and complete the paper application form
- Include a copy of your California ID card, driver's license, passport, or other government-issued photo ID
- Include a copy of your current utility bill or proof of residency
- If you are disabled, please enclose documented evidence of your disability (copy of current SSI, Disability Approval Letter, letter from doctor, or SSI check stub)
- Include a check or money order for $6.00 (DO NOT send cash) payable to "Beverly Hills On-Demand Transportation"
- Mail the above to:
Beverly Hills On-Demand Transportation Program
P.O. Box 920427
Sylmar, CA 91392
How to Enroll Online
- CLICK HERE to access the Ambiance Transportation webpage
- On the Ambiance Transportation webpage, click on the "FILL OUT AN APPLICATION" button at the bottom of the page
- Complete the application and follow the instructions
- Upload photos or scans of your government-issued photo ID and recent utility bill
- If you are disabled, upload documented evidence of your disability (copy of current SSI, Disability Approval Letter, letter from doctor, or SSI check stub)
- After your application is approved, you will receive instructions on how to log into your account and purchase Program Credits using a credit card
Questions or Comments?
Please contact (310) 981-9318 for questions or comments about the Beverly Hills On-Demand Transportation Program.