The City Financial Transparency Portal
The City of Beverly Hills is committed to financial transparency. The Transparency Portal provides one-stop for your financial data needs including data analysis/graphing functionality and comprehensive portable document format (PDF) publications. With this tool, the City of Beverly Hills is providing historical financial data from 2008 to the current year. Each year following budget approval and external audit completion, a new year of data will be added giving the public a rolling multi-year snapshot of revenue and expenditure trends, which are available by department, fund, or line item.
Frequently Asked Questions, which contains a variety of data sets and statistic graphs:
- How much is the City receiving in all tax categories?
- What Revenue Sources contribute to the City's General Fund?
- What are the total expenditures for the Police Department grouped by Divisions?
- What are the total General Fund expenditures by department?
- How much does the City spend on Personnel (Salaries and Benefits)?
- How much does the City spend on retirement and other benefits?
- How much did the City spend on benefits by Department in the latest fiscal year?
- How much was Overtime for Police Department by divisions?
- How much was Overtime for Fire Department by divisions?
- What does the City receive from fees charged in the Enterprise Funds?
- What are the Revenues and Expenses of the City's Water Fund?
- What are the total expenditures for Fire Department grouped by Divisions?
- Do Stormwater Utility Fees cover the cost to operate and maintain the Stormwater System?
- How much did the City receive from Parking?
- What are City's overall revenues and expenses?
To access the entire Open Data portal, please click here.
If you have questions regarding the data presented in the financial transparency portal, please contact the Finance Department at 310-285-2411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for using the City's Financial Transparency Portal
- OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The default view displays expenses broken down by City department.
- The title of the chart or graph you are viewing is located at the top of the page.
- To focus on specific data — like a fund, department, expense type or any combination — use the menu on the left side panel. The “By” drop-down allows you to specify which breakdown you want the graphs and table rows to represent on the graph. You can analyze the expense and revenues data by fund, department, or type.
- To see actual dollar amounts within the graphs, hover over any area of the graph to see the actual or budgeted amounts for that period. You can also view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualizations by scrolling down or hitting the “View Table” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- The data can be downloaded into a .csv spreadsheet and .png image and also shared via email or any social media platform.
- If you have questions or comments, you can send them to City via the Help menu located at the top right of the screen; there are instructions on how to send an email to City staff in the drop down menu.
This data should be used for informational purposes only. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the reports and data provided; nevertheless, some information may not be accurate. The City of Beverly Hills assumes no responsibility arising from use of this information.