Community Emergency Response Team
What is CERT?
The CERT Basic Course is delivered by a team of Beverly Hills Fire Department personnel and qualified CERT instructors providing the foundational training and basic skills that are important to know when emergency services are not immediately available.
You can make a difference by using the training to save lives and protect property in different disasters like earthquakes, fires, terrorism, hazardous incidents, and other general life-threatening situations.
CERTs are able to:
- Assist emergency services personnel when requested in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) developed by the sponsoring agency and by area of training
- Assume some of the same functions as emergency services personnel following a disaster
- Prepare families and communities prior to emergencies and assist neighbors during an emergency when first responders are not immediately available
CERT Virtual Training
Start your virtual training program by clicking each link below. At the end of each module you will be presented with a "True or False" five-question quiz to reinforce your training and also earn your Virtual Certificate of Completion. Once all 8 CERT modules have been completed, you will be required to attend the in-person/hands-on training on October 23rd, 2021 at 8am.
- Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
- Unit 2: CERT Organization
- Unit 3: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 1
- Unit 4: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 2
- Unit 5: Disaster Psychology
- Unit 6: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- Unit 7: Light Search and Rescue Operations
- Unit 8: Terrorism and CERT
To access the latest digital version of FEMA/CERT Basic Training Participant Manual, please follow this link: https://www.ready.gov/sites/default/files/2019.CERT_.Basic_.PM_FINAL_508c.pdf
This Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) certified course does not require previous emergency knowledge for participation.
BHFD CERT will resume in-person trainings this October 2021 as follows:
-October 6th, 2021 from 6pm to 9pm
-October 9th, 2021 from 8am to 11am
-October 13th, 2021 from 6pm to 9pm
-October 16th, 2021 from 8am to 11am
-October 20th, 2021 from 6pm to 9pm
-October 23rd, 2021 from 7am to 1pm
To sign up to become a member of the CERT program, please fill out and submit the CERT Application.
For questions please email CERT@beverlyhills.org or call (310)281-2754.
|Business Emergency Response Team (BERT)||Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)|
INDIVIDUAL & COMMUNITY PREPAREDNESS FREE DOWNLOADS: