Plan Check and Permits
The Beverly Hills Fire Department strives to provide exemplary fire and life safety throughout the community. In order to maintain our standard of safety for our municipality, the Fire Department reviews plans to ensure compliance with California Fire Code and Municipal Code. All Fire Code-related construction projects that require plan check review shall be submitted through the Building and Safety Department.
Fire Prevention Plan Review
- Please visit Electronic Plan Review (beverlyhills.org) for plan check submittal information.
- For assistance with Project Dox please visit https://www.beverlyhills.org/departments/communitydevelopment/permitcenter/electronicplanreview/eplanfrequentlyaskedquestions/
- Plan check turnaround time is three weeks from date of submittal AND payment.
- Please visit https://beverlyhills.org/paypermit/ for payment.
- Approved plans are made available for download through the Project Dox portal. Please visit https://eplan.beverlyhills.org/
- Upon review and approval, an inspector is assigned to the permit. The inspector’s name and phone number are stamped on the plans.
- Upon downloading approved plans, the applicant can call the assigned inspector directly regarding any inspection related questions or to set up an appointment.
- An automated email is sent out to applicants when any change in permit status occurs. Applicants also have the option of logging into their City Smart account (https://cs.beverlyhills.org/csportal/) to check permit status.
Over the Counter Plan Check (OTC)
Tenant improvement projects not requiring review of calculations qualify for OTC plan check. Please review Beverly Hills Fire Department Guidelines, as detailed below, for required general notes on plans, and provide a minimum of two sets of plans.
OTC plan check is available by appointment only. Applicants may email Plan Check Inspector Cecilia Sohn email@example.com to schedule an OTC appointment.
How to Apply for Plan Check?
- Please visit the Fire Prevention Plan Review webpage.
Water Flow Report Request
- Water flow reports shall be submitted for each project requiring hydraulic calculations.
- Please visit Water Flow Capacity Test webpage.
- For more information please see the Fire Flow Test informational flyer
|Fire Life Safety Checklist for Construction|
|Fire Sprinkler Plan Review Guidelines|
|Fuel Modification Guideline|
|Kitchen Suppression System Guidelines|
|Medical Gas System Guidelines|
|Residential Fire Sprinklers Guidelines|
|Special Event Guideline|
|Emergency Responder Radio Coverage Standard|
|Fire Watch Standard|
|Knox Box Standard|
Misc. Downloadable Forms
|Fire Alarm Contractor Affidavit form|