Plan Check and Permits
The Beverly Hills Fire Department strives to provide exemplary fire and life safety throughout the community. In order to maintain our standard of safety for our municipality, the Fire Department reviews plans to ensure compliance with California Fire Code and Municipal Code. All Fire Code-related construction projects that require plan check review shall be submitted through the Building and Safety Department.
Fire Prevention Plan Review
- Please submit two copies of fire alarm and sprinkler plans to Building & Safety located in City Hall.
- Plan check turnaround time is two weeks from date of submittal AND payment.
- Plan check corrections, if any, are written on the plans (please return with resubmittal plans).
- Upon review and approval, an inspector is assigned to the permit. The inspector’s name and phone number are stamped on the plans.
- Plans are made available for pick up at Building & Safety, and no appointment is required.
- Upon picking up approved plans, the applicant can call the assigned inspector directly regarding any inspection related questions or to set up an appointment.
- An automated email is sent out to applicants when any change in permit status occurs. Applicants also have the option of logging into their OBC account (http://apps.beverlyhills.org/obc) to check permit status.
Over the Counter Plan Check (OTC)
Tenant improvement projects not requiring review of calculations qualify for OTC plan check. Please review Beverly Hills Fire Department Guidelines for required general notes on plans, and provide a minimum of two sets of plans.
- OTC plan check is available on Wednesday and Thursday by appointment only at City Hall, Building and Safety Plan Check Counter.
- Applicants may contact Plan Check Inspector Cecilia Sohn at 310-281-2716 to schedule an OTC appointment.
- Applicants must meet with a DST after the review. Applicants will be considered a “walk-in” to meet with a DST. Walk-in appointments are on a first come, first serve basis between 8AM-10AM. For any questions regarding walk-in appointments, please call 310.285.1141.
How to Apply for Plan Check?
- Please visit the Fire Prevention Plan Review webpage.
Water Flow Report Request
- Water flow reports shall be submitted for each project requiring hydraulic calculations.
- Please visit Water Flow Capacity Test webpage.
- For more information please see the Fire Flow Test informational flyer
|Fire Sprinkler Plan Review Guidelines 2020|
|Residential Fire Sprinklers Guidelines 2020|
|Kitchen Suppression System Guidelines 2020|
|Medical Gas System Guidelines 2020|
|Emergency Responder Radio Coverage Standard 2020|
|Fire Watch Standard 2020|
|Fuel Modification Standard 2020|
|Knox Box Standard 2020|
|Premise Identification 2020|