Neighborhood Watch is a crime prevention program that enlists the active participation of residents in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce crime in their communities.
- Neighbors getting to know each other and working together in a program of mutual assistance.
- Residents trained to recognize and report suspicious activities in their neighborhood.
- Implementation of crime prevention techniques, such as home security.
- Neighbors looking out for each other!
How does Neighborhood Watch start?
A motivated individual, a few concerned residents, a community organization, can spearhead the efforts to establish a Watch.
- Organize a small planning committee of neighbors to discuss needs, the level of interest, and possible community problems.
- Select a coordinator or Block Captain who will be responsible for relaying information to the other members.
- Create a block group message/chat to ask questions, relay information, etc.
If you would like to request BHPD Police Officers to attend your next Neighborhood Watch meeting so they may answer questions and address concerns, please contact the Community Relations Unit at 310-288-2616.