Welcome to the Beverly Hills Police Department Online Police Reporting System
Using the Online Police Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a free copy of the police report. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency.
- This incident occurred within the City of Beverly Hills.
- There are no known suspects.
- This did not occur on a State Freeway.
If all of the above statements are true, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If any of the above statements are not true, please take a look at our Online Police Reporting System Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon submitting a report:
- You will see the notification message - "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report submission is complete.
- You will receive a temporary report number (tracking number). This is NOT your police report number and it is only used for tracking and reference of your submission. However, you have the option of printing this temporary document for your reference.
- A police officer will review and approve your submission and issue an actual report number, OR contact to you for additional information.
Once your report is reviewed and approved, an official police report number will be issued by the Beverly Hills Police Department. You will also receive an electronic copy of this report at the email address you provided at the time of report submission.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- Penal Code Section 148.5(a) PC - Every person who reports that a felony or misdemeanor has been committed, knowing the report to be false, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
Using the Beverly Hills Police Department Online Police Reporting System, you can report the following incidents in the table below (please choose one).
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Beverly Hills Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 310-550-4951) to file your report.
BHPD Online Police Reporting System
Click on the Incident Type below to begin the report. Be sure to review the entire list of definitions and examples prior to submitting a report.
|Harassing Phone Calls*
|Unwanted phone calls of an annoying, harassing, or threatening nature.
|Immediate hang-ups, obscene language, etc. with no known suspects.
|Property that has been lost or misplaced.
|Personal items that are missing with no indication they were stolen, i.e. left at a restaurant or other public place. Often insurance companies or third parties request a report number.
|Additional information to be added to existing BHPD report.
|Add stolen property information to existing burglary or theft report; provide serial numbers for stolen property listed on existing report.
|A deliberate act of damaging, defacing or destroying personal or public property.
|Mailbox maliciously damaged; Broken windows; Defacement of public or private property, Having eggs, shaving cream or toilet paper thrown at house or property.
|Vandalism to Vehicle
|A deliberate act of damaging, defacing or destroying a personal or public vehicle.
|Someone "Keys" a car's paint finish and/or breaks the vehicle's window(s). Food items or shaving cream are thrown at a vehicle.
|Theft from Vehicle
|When property is stolen from or removed from a motor vehicle.
|Stolen equipment or belongings from a motor vehicle.
|Theft of a bicycle
|Bicycle stolen from any location but not physically taken from a person
|When property is taken without your permission. This does not include someone physically taking something from your person.
|Items stolen from your yard, driveway, porch or other common shared areas such as garages or laundry facilities of apartment complexes.
* For Harassing Phone Calls - If you have been the victim of harassing calls and do not know the person who is calling, you can use this system.
- What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
- What if this happened in another city? Can I file a report using the Online Citizen Reporting System?
- What if this happened on a state freeway?
- What is a known suspect?
- How will I be notified of an approval, rejection, or a request for changes?