Parking Permit Extension
We are currently enhancing our parking permit program to better serve you. Your current permits will be automatically extended until January 31, 2023. Please continue to use your existing permit, you will receive notifications once details become available. Thank you for your patience as we strive to provide you with the best possible program. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-285-2500. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Preferential Parking Permit
The City's Preferential Parking Permit Program governs parking in residential areas for all hours other than the overnight parking prohibition of 2:30 a.m. - 5:00 a.m.
Residents within a permit zone may purchase up to 3 daytime parking permits. If your parking needs occasionally exceed what can be accommodated with 3 preferential parking permits, you may register to receive free preferential parking exemptions by calling 310-285-2548 from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Preferential Parking Permits expire September 30th of the following year and require renewal. Please click here to renew your residential parking permit online. Please click here for more information on the preferential parking permit guidelines.
If you are a resident, please click here to sign up for and access the online permit portal. Once you have an online account, you can easily get exemptions through the online permit portal by logging into your account.
For information about petitioning to establish or modify a Preferential Parking Permit zone on your street block, please click here.
Overnight Parking Exemptions
Overnight Parking Prohibition lasts from 2:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. The City has had an overnight parking prohibition to address public safety concerns since 1927. Overnight parking is not permitted in single family residential areas or commercial zones. However, as the City's multiple family residential areas do not have sufficient off-street parking for residents and their guests, the City provides the following programs:
- Overnight Parking Permits: Qualifying residents in multiple-family units (apartments, condos, and duplexes) may purchase annual overnight parking permits. To qualify for permits residents must demonstrate a lack of off-street parking for their private vehicles. Please click here for more information on the overnight parking permit guidelines.
- Overnight Parking Exemptions: Residents in multiple-family residential areas may obtain up to 13 monthly overnight parking exemptions per household through the City’s parking exemption call-in program at 310-285-2548 or online here.
Eligibility for Overnight Parking Exemptions:
- You must be a resident of a multi-family residential dwelling unit (Apartment, Condo or Duplex)
- You must have a Department of Transportation Account (current gas bill, electric bill, or lease agreement on file)
- As a resident, you may obtain a maximum of 13 overnight exemptions a month
- Valid e-mail account*
*Upon receipt of above mentioned items an e-mail with a temporary password will be sent within 48 hours.