SHORT-TERM VALET PARKING PERMIT
If valet parking and/or shuttle service is needed for an event in the City of Beverly Hills, whether in a residential or commercial area, a valet company authorized to work in the City must be used. The valet company will be required to obtain a Short Term Valet Parking Permit on behalf of the resident or business.
- Email the following required documents to the Beverly Hills Police Department – Traffic Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Complete all required information on the Short Term Valet Parking Application and Permit form (PDF file below).
- Proposed valet zone, parking location(s)/facility address, and route map to and from between the valet zone and parking location(s)/facility.
- A current Beverly Hills Business Tax Certificate to operate as a valet parking operator.
- A current Certificate of Insurance (approval by the City Risk Management required).
- Completed application and all associated documents should be submitted at least 96 hours (four business days) prior to the start of event in a residential area and 48 hours (two business days) in a commercial area. Each request will be reviewed to ensure the safety of the public and ensure all required documents are properly filed with the City. The City reserves the right to deny, make modifications, or add conditions to the valet permit.
- Posting of temporary “No Parking” signs is required. Signs can be picked up at City Hall with the Cashier. Signs Permit fee is $51.00 plus $7.00 per sign.
- Residential area: Minimum of four (4) signs, posted and verified 72-hours prior to start of event.
- Commercial area: Minimum of two (2) signs, posted and verified 24-hours prior to start of event.
- Additional requirements for commercial area valet operation:
- Vehicles are required to park in off-street parking facilities, either private or public. The use of City owned facilities can be requested, with pre-approval by the Parking Operations Management required and will be billed at $5.00 per vehicle.
- Parking meter spaces must be reserved for the loading and unloading of passengers. Meter revenue is charged for use of the space during normal meter operation hours.
- Short Term Residential Valet Permit fee: $285.00
- Short Term Commercial Valet Permit fee: $380.00
- Permit Processing/Issuance fee: $74.00
- Permit Minor Amendment fee: $37.00
- “No Parking” Signs Permit fee: $51.00
- “No Parking” Signs fee: $7.00/sign
- Traffic Control Officers routinely inspect the operations. Operators that do not adhere to the conditions of the approved permit are subject to enforcement actions, including but not limited to citation(s), denial of future permit application.
COMMERCIAL VALET PARKING PERMIT ANNUAL/SIX MONTH
A Commercial Valet Parking Permit is necessary for any long-term valet parking operation.
Requirements and necessary documents for a Commercial Valet Parking Permit are listed in the Application Checklist included in the Commercial Valet Application Package (PDF file below).
All fees associated with the Commercial Valet Parking Permit are also listed in the Commercial Valet Application Package (PDF file below).
Completed forms and required documents should be submitted to:
Beverly Hills Police Department
Attention: Traffic Bureau – Commercial Valet Application
464 N Rexford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Or via email at email@example.com
Once the above documents have been submitted, staff reviews the application and if necessary, schedules a public hearing with the Traffic and Parking Commission at their monthly meetings before the final commercial permit is approved.