- The City provides all curbside customers with automated 90 gallon "GREEN" green waste collection containers.
- Green waste comprises about 40% of waste generated by Beverly Hills residents.
- To meet state-mandated reduction goals, all curbside collection customers are required to separate all green waste.
Please be sure to follow these instructions:
(Single-Family Residents with Alley Collections, please refer to additional information following these instructions)
What can I place in my City-issued 90-gallon "green" waste container?
- Grass clippings.
- Tree trimmings.
- Leaves and brush weeds.
- Food Waste.
What may NOT be placed in my "green" green waste container?
- NO trash.
- NO recyclable materials.
- NO plastic bags.
- NO animal waste.
- NO dirt.
- NO bulky items.
- NO electronics (e-waste).
- NO hazardous waste.
Please remember to:
- CUT BRUSH into 3-foot lengths.
- DO NOT OVERFILL the "GREEN" container.
- Do not leave any greenwaste or waste outside the container.
- Place ALL TRASH in your "BLACK" OR "GRAY" container.
- Keep green waste bin clean.
Further instructions for single-family residents north of Santa Monica Blvd with alley collections:
On Collection Day:
- All alley green waste containers must be placed on the same side as the other alley containers.
- All green waste containers must be put out before 7:00 a.m. on your collection day and put back on your property by the following day.
The Solid Waste Division works on all holidays with the exception of:
- New Year's Day