The City provides all curbside customers with automated 90 gallon "GREEN" organic waste collection containers.
- Organic waste comprises about 40% of waste generated by Beverly Hills residents.
- To meet state-mandated reduction goals, all curbside collection customers are required to separate all organic waste.
Please be sure to follow these instructions:
(Single-Family Residents with Alley Collections, please refer to additional information following these instructions)
What can I place in my City-issued 90-gallon "green" organic waste container?
- Grass clippings
- Tree trimmings
- Leaves and brush weeds
- Food scraps
What may NOT be placed in my "green" organic waste container?
- NO trash
- NO recyclable materials
- NO plastic bags
- NO animal waste
- NO dirt
- NO bulky items
- NO electronics (e-waste)
- NO hazardous waste
Please remember to:
- CUT BRUSH into 3-foot lengths
- DO NOT OVERFILL the "GREEN" container
- Do not leave any organic waste outside the container
- Place ALL TRASH in your "BLACK" OR "GRAY" container
- Keep organic waste bin clean
Further instructions for single-family residents north of Santa Monica Blvd with alley collections:
On Collection Day:
- All alley organic waste containers must be placed on the same side as the other alley containers.
- All organic waste containers must be put out before 7:00 a.m. on your collection day and put back on your property by the following day.
The Solid Waste Division works on all holidays with the exception of:
- New Year's Day