APPLICATION FACTS AND FORMS FOR ARTISTS
The artist’s application for the October 20 and 21, 2018 art show is NOW OPEN on the Juried Art Services website!
If you are interested in applying to this upcoming show (the shows are held twice yearly: the third full weekend in May and the third full weekend in October) please quickly review the general information right here. You can register now as an artist, create your portfolio on Juried Art Services' website, and then apply. The completed application will be due on July 20th, 2018.
Again, take a quick moment to read the information below before logging on to the Juried Art Services link, also below. Thank you.
PART A - gather all the photos for your PORTFOLIO & APPLICATION in a convenient spot
We require from any artist applicant, for each show application, the following FOUR ITEMS:
1). 8 photos of your artwork within one single, specific category. The 11 categories are: painting | watercolor | traditional printmaking and/or drawing | photography | digital art | 2-D mixed media | 3-D mixed media | sculpture | ceramics | glass | jewelry. Please submit artwork that is no older than 4 years.
2). 1 photo or drawing of your display at the show (CLICK HERE TO SEE BOOTH DISPLAY SAMPLES). Bear in mind that your space will be a minimum of 12.5 feet wide x 10 feet deep, on a flat lawn area, so use this information when photographing, drawing or otherwise creating your display image. You may request a larger space when you fill out the form, but this cannot be guaranteed. (Overhead structures like canopies cannot be larger than 10' X 10', even though all of the spaces are larger.)
3). a $35.00 application fee.
4). and if accepted, a $395.00 acceptance fee.
(We suggest that first you select the 8 artwork photos and the one (1) photo/drawing of your display, then gather those photos together in one convenient, easy-to-find place within your computer. Make sure they are all high-resolution photos.)
PART B - read over this JURIED ART SERVICES information
We partner with Juried Art Services to bring you a simple application, along with a complete brochure describing the event for artists. Right BEFORE you log on to www.juriedartservices.com, please READ the 3 steps detailed below if you are not yet a user of that site, and follow those 3 STEPS in the listed order once you do log on to the website. These 3 steps correspond to the 3 SEPARATE SECTIONS of Juried Art Services: 1) your PROFILE, 2) your PORTFOLIO, and 3) your APPLICATION.
1. The 1st step should be to Register Now (command on right side of page) and CREATE A PROFILE. This is just your professional contact information.
2. Then CREATE A PORTFOLIO, which is where you will upload at least 8 photos of your current artwork and 1 photo/drawing of your display. Name your portfolio something simple like: BHartSHOW-Spring2018.
Now you'll upload the photos of your art and booth display to your portfolio, not yet to your application - uploading photos DOES take time. Here are the rules for sizing your photos - this is also explained on Juried Art Services.
- All 8 images of your 8 distinct pieces of artwork should be high-resolution images (300 dpi).
- The sides of your images should be at least 1,900 pixels long, but no greater than 4,000 pixels long. (The image can actually be as small as 700 pixels on each side - but this is definitely not preferred!).
- Also, when naming your files, before uploading them, use alphanumeric characters only, just letters or numbers, not symbols like *&#. So: art123.jpg is a good name, but art#$%.jpg is bad - it probably won't upload!
- After you upload each art piece, please immediately click on Add Image Details and fill in all blanks (name of work, size of work, materials, etc.). This will help you a lot later in the application, we promise!
3. APPLY, with 8 photos of 8 individual artworks and 1 photo or rendering of your anticipated display. The completed application and application fee of $35 is due by July 20, 2018.
When ready to start the process, CLICK HERE: www.beverlyhills.org/artSHOW-JAS-app
You may also send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you want to be on our artist mailing list, for future shows and show information.
If you have more questions about applying, you may also call us at 310.285.6836, email Karen - email@example.com.
Thank you very much for your interest in The Beverly Hills artSHOW and good luck!