Sunday, March 17, 2013
6:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m.
Nicknamed “Stadium to the Sea,” the ASICS LA Marathon begins at Dodger Stadium and passes through West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Century City before ending near the Santa Monica Pier. 23,000 runners will race through Beverly Hills, passing City Hall and traveling along Rodeo Drive.
The Beverly Hills segment will enter at Doheny Drive/Santa Monica Blvd. and participants will run west on Burton Way to Rodeo Drive, south to Wilshire, and then west to Santa Monica Blvd. For more information about the Marathon including a map of the entire course, go to www.lamarathon.com.
Race Details in Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills street closures will occur adjacent to the route (see above map) from approximately 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- First athletes (wheelchairs) are expected to arrive in Beverly Hills at approximately 7:45 a.m., and runners approximately 7:55 a.m.
- Block Party and spectator viewing will be located on Dayton Way at Rodeo Drive.
- Water Station 16 will be located at Crescent Drive/S. Santa Monica, and Water Station 17 will be located on S. Santa Monica, 1 block south/west of Wilshire.
- Medical Station will be located in the Rexford Mini Park at Rexford Drive and Burton Way.
Best Locations to View Race
- North Rodeo Drive - between Santa Monica Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard
- Water Station 16 - Crescent Drive at South/Little Santa Monica Boulevard
- Wilshire Boulevard between Rodeo Drive and Santa Monica Boulevard
Street closures will occur immediately adjacent to the Beverly Hills route from approximately 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Police staff and notification/message boards directing vehicles will be situated around the City.
In addition, if someone is arriving to Beverly Hills by Freeway, it is suggested that:
- For Beverly Hills access north of the route – arriving from the North on 405 Freeway, exit either Sunset Blvd. or Wilshire Blvd. travel east to Beverly Hills
- For Beverly Hills access south of the route - from south on the 405 Freeway, take 10 Freeway East, and exit Robertson Blvd. driving north
For parking, please check map on first page, or see the City’s interactive GIS map at http://gis.beverlyhills.org/UNITEGIS/ (on day of race, and week prior to event), which also indicates parking structures. Prior to the race, the City will also include the route on the City’s mapping feature.
Also, if you would like to receive a larger copy of the map above, please call 310.285.1023 to receive a copy by mail or email.
PLEASE NOTE: First streets that will begin opening (intermittently) by 12:15 p.m. will include:
- Rexford Drive at South Santa Monica Boulevard
- Beverly Drive at South Santa Monica Boulevard
FOR DAY OF RACE ISSUES
CALL City of Beverly Hill’s Hotline: 310.550.4680