10 a.m. to approx. 12:30 p.m.
If your child is a culinary master in the making or just loves to help out in the kitchen, the Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market is the place to be.
Youngsters are welcome to enjoy Cookin’ Kids the 2nd Sunday of each month as part of our Kid Zone. Children will be introduced to fresh fruits and vegetables based on what’s in season. They will be able to taste the featured item of the month, learn about its health benefits, meet the farmer and get recipes that they can easily prepare at home.
This is a free event. Children must be accompanied by an adult and can drop by and participate anytime during the session. The Kid Zone includes pony rides and a petting zoo for a nominal fee every week from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. brought in by So-Cal Animals.
Makes: 2 servings
• 1 cup halved pitted fresh cherries
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
• 1 T local honey
• ½ cup granola of your choice,( Nora’s Food Company or Rockenwagner Bakery)
• 1 ½ cups Aris Natural Foods yogurt or kefir from Achadinha Cheese Co.
1. Rinse the cherries & blueberries with water; drain & place into a small bowl.
2. Pit cherries.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt into two 10 to 12 ounce tumblers. Sprinkle two tablespoons
of granola over the yogurt then top with 3 tablespoons of the fruit mixture.
Repeat this until you have layered all the ingredients into the cup and drizzle the top
with local honey.