10 a.m. to approx. 12:30 p.m.
If your child is a culinary master in the making or just loves to help out in the kitchen, the Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market is the place to be.
Youngsters are welcome to enjoy Cookin’ Kids the 2nd Sunday of each month as part of our Kid Zone. Children will be introduced to fresh fruits and vegetables based on what’s in season. They will be able to taste the featured item of the month, learn about its health benefits, meet the farmer and get recipes that they can easily prepare at home.
This is a free event. Children must be accompanied by an adult and can drop by and participate anytime during the session. The Kid Zone includes pony rides and a petting zoo for a nominal fee every week from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. brought in by So-Cal Animals.
Creamy Broccoli Slaw
From bon appetit
1 large bunch broccoli (about 16 ounces)
½ medium napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
2 scallions, thinly sliced
8 oz. sugar snap peas, cut into thirds
3 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper, to taste
2/3 cup buttermilk
- Rinse & dry the cabbage, broccoli & scallions.
- Cut the broccoli florets into bite size pieces (if the stem is tender enough cup that into bite size pieces as well).
- Thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut the snap peas into bite size pieces.
- Chop/mince the chives.
- Combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, & lemon juice in a small bowl; season with salt & pepper, whisk to combine.
- Toss broccoli, cabbage, scallions, sugar snap peas, 2 tablespoons of chives with the buttermilk. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve slaw topped with the remaining chives.