Fairfax Decking, Phase 2: Wilshire Boulevard / Fairfax Avenue Intersection
Traffic Impact to Beverly Hills
Beginning Friday, April 21 at 8pm thru Monday, April 24, at 6am there will be a full closure of the Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. intersection for street decking construction. This closure extends from 6th St. to 8th St. on Fairfax Ave., and from Crescent Heights Blvd. to Spaulding Ave. on Wilshire Blvd.
Detours and Local Access
- Local access is maintained on Wilshire Blvd. via collector north/south streets.
- Access to 6120 – 6300 Wilshire Blvd. on Wilshire Blvd. between Crescent Heights Blvd. and Fairfax Ave., will be maintained via northbound Crescent Heights. Wilshire/Crescent Heights will have a flagger to support local access.
Closure points for traffic:
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. at San Vicente Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at La Brea Ave.
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. at 6th St.
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. at 8th St.
- Ogden Dr. and Orange Grove Ave. closed at Wilshire Blvd.
The following detour will be in place for standard vehicles:
Westbound Wilshire Detour:
- Southbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
Eastbound Wilshire Detour:
- Southbound La Cienega Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Brea Ave. to Eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
Northbound Fairfax Detour:
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. to eastbound Olympic Ave. to northbound La Brea Ave. to westbound 6th St. to northbound Fairfax Ave.
Southbound Fairfax Detour:
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. to eastbound 6th St. Ave. to southbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd. to southbound Fairfax.
Link to Metro Detour Maps: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_Fairfax_Decking/
Link to Metro Construction Notice: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_041917/
LA CIENEGA STATION
1) Sound Wall Installation at Wilshire/Gale and Wilshire/La Cienega Staging Yards
This work will occur inside the staging yards located at the corners of Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale. Once this work is completed, sound walls will be built to enclose both staging yards to mitigate construction related noise. Prior to constructing the noise mitigation sound walls, it is necessary to clear existing utilities and remove any underground obstructions.
Work is anticipated to be completed by April 30, 2017, and work hours will be Monday thru Friday from 7am - 4pm.
2) Wilshire/La Cienega Piling
Starting mid-March, through July 2017, pile work will begin on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd.
Activities will include:
- Saw cutting, potholing and pile installation to support excavation for the future subway station.
Street and sidewalk closures will include:
- Weekend lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. to support piling
- Intermittent closures of S.Gale Dr. and S. Hamilton Dr. on the south side of Wilshire Blvd.
- Nighttime lane reductions for eastbound Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. for steel delivery
- Intermittent lane closures in the area
- Intermittent sidewalk closures between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd.
- Temporary traffic signal shutdowns with traffic officer support
- Local access from southbound San Vicente and northbound Gregory Way will remain
Schedule of Work Activities:
- Pile Installation Drilling: 7am-8pm
- Support activities (concrete pours, closure maintenance, deliveries, backfill of holes and trenches): 8pm-10pm
Link to Metro Construction Notice: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purplineline_030317/
3) Pot Holing & Jet Grouting - Wilshire/Tower Drive
Starting, Thursday, April 19 – Saturday, June 10, (anticipated end date) Tower Drive will be closed at Wilshire Boulevard to support jet grouting construction at the intersection of Wilshire Boulevard and Tower Drive. A signed pedestrian detour, with pedestrian ramps, will be installed to replace the restricted crosswalk at Tower Drive. K-rail will be extended just east of Tower Drive as a protection for adjacent traffic lanes. Vehicle and pedestrian access to the Landmark Center will remain open.
Work hours will be 7am-10pm for the duration of the closure.
Tower Drive is anticipated to be closed at Wilshire April 19 – June 10. Updates provided as work progresses.
Link to Metro Construction Notice: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_041217/
4) AM/PM Utility Relocation Work at Wilshire/La Cienega
Advanced utility relocation work will continue at night during the week and over the weekend along the north side of Wilshire Boulevard and on Gale Drive north of Wilshire from Monday, April 17th thru Monday, April 24th.
Work will occur along the north side of Wilshire Boulevard between San Vicente Boulevard and Le Doux Road, and on Gale Drive just north of Wilshire Boulevard. This work will consist of accessing the vaults for cable pulling activities.
See intermittent lane reductions and sidewalk impacts below:
Wilshire Boulevard: One lane will remain open westbound between La Cienega Blvd and Le Doux Road
Gale Drive: Intermittent closures of North and South Gale Drive, with a partial sidewalk closure adjacent on the east side sidewalk on North Gale Drive.
Work hours and dates:
- Monday, 4/17 from 8pm to Tuesday, 4/18 at 7am
- Tuesday, 4/18 from 8pm to Wednesday, 4/19 at 7am
- Wednesday, 4/19 from 10pm to Thursday, 4/20 at 7am
- Thursday, 4/20 from 8pm to Friday, 4/21 at 7am
- Friday, 4/21 from 11pm to Saturday, 4/22 at 7am
- Saturday, 4/22 from Midnight to Sunday, 4/23 at 7am
- Sunday, 4/23 from 10pm from to Monday, 4/24 at 7am
Link to Metro Construction Notice: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_033117/