You can recycle your E-waste at the Beverly Hills Farmers' Market on the
FIRST Sunday of every month!
(Farmers' Market will be closed on Sunday, April 5, 2015)
9300 Block of Civic Center Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Civic Center Dr. and West 3rd Street)
From 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
(Parking available in the Civic Center parking structure)
E-WASTE FROM BUSINESSES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THESE EVENTS.
The term " e-waste" is applied to consumer electronic equipment that is no longer wanted: computers, printers, televisions, VCRs, cell phones, fax machines, stereos, and electronic games.
Electronics may contain lead, copper, and other heavy metals or potentially toxic substances. That's why it is critical to reduce e-waste by only buying what you need, reusing electronics that still work, and finally recycling devices when you no longer need them.
- The State of California considers unrecycled monitors & TV's (e-waste) hazardous. Cathode ray tubes used in the manufacture of televisions and computer monitors contain heavy metals. Public Agencies everywhere are recognizing the fact that the massive quantity of obsolete electronic goods stored in homes and small business presents a growing problem.
- The EPA estimates that over 20 million computers have become obsolete since 1998.
- Only 13% of e-waste is reused or recycled.
- In addition, the FCC has mandated that analog television broadcasts are to continue until 2009 at which time they can be replaced by "high definition" (HDTV) signals. With the advent of this major technology change, it is expected that virtually all televisions in use today will become obsolete. ....
RECYCLE YOUR ELECTRONICS
All Household Hazardous Waste Roundups sponsored by the County of Los Angeles will accept residential E-waste as well.
Examples of what you may bring to an e-waste collection:
- Televisions Sets
- TV/VCR combos
- or anything with a Cathode Ray Tube
- Computer CPU's, monitors, mice and keyboards
- Fax machines
- Cell Phones
- Stereos and alarm clocks
- Hair Dryers
What you may NOT bring to an e-waste collection:
- Refrigerators or other appliances
- Household hazardous waste
- Trash; tires
- Business waste (For business e-waste pickups call 800-98-TOXIC)
FOR OTHER HAZARDOUS WASTE EVENTS
GO TO: http://ladpw.org/general/enotify/Calendar_Template/Calendar.aspx
OR CALL County of Los Angeles, ECR Events
(213) 473-8228 (Voice)
TDD: (213) 473-5664 (Hearing/Speech Impaired)