Font Size

Questions (Ask Bev)

Video on Demand


iMap (GIS)


Water Tracker

Org Chart

Advocate Registration
Search Website
FAQ - How close to the property line can my addition be on a single-family residential property?

Any addition to a single family residence needs to be in conformance with the required setbacks specified for the particular area in the municipal code of the City of Beverly Hills. Furthermore, all additions need to maintain a minimum of six feet se
FAQ - I own an R-4 lot; can you tell me how many units I can build my property?

For lots less than 60 feet, one unit per 1300 square feet; for lot widths between 60 and 120 feet, one unit per 1100 square feet; and for lots over 120 feet wide one unit per 900 square feet of site area may be constructed. Please consult with planni
FAQ - What types of signs are allowed in the City of Beverly Hills and how big of a sign can I have?

Business identification signs that display the name and logo of a business at the site are allowed. These signs could be a window or wall-mounted, ground-mounted, awning or marquee sign. One business identification sign of less than two square feet
FAQ - How can I find out if a permit has been issued for a project or property in my neighborhood?

You can verify if a permit has been issued for a particular project/property by selecting the property on City Maps (http://gis.beverlyhills.org/), and selecting Search Permit Activities under the main Search option.
FAQ - How long does it take a fire engine to get to a fire or medical emergency after 911 has been called?

It takes between 3-5 minutes for engines to arrive on scene after a 911 call has been placed.
FAQ - How do I go about drawing up an escape plan for my home/business?

The four basic steps to draw up an escape plan for your home includes: 1. Draw a floor-plan of your home; 2. Agree on a meeting place; 3. Practice your escape plan; and 4. Make your exit drill realistic. You can also refer to http://www.sur
FAQ - A member of my family is disabled. What does he/she do during a fire?

Assure that you have a well-defined escape plan. Make sure that people who are confined to a wheelchair have immediate access to their wheelchair when an emergency occurs. Call the police department to make sure the person's special needs are in the
FAQ - Do I need to put a smoke detector in every room? How many do I need?

Smoke detectors should be placed outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement. On floors without bedrooms, detectors should be installed in or near living areas such as dens, living rooms, or family rooms.
FAQ - Why do they always send a fire truck when I only called for paramedics?

Most medical emergencies require multiple personnel to perform the various tasks associated with patient care.
FAQ - If the trolley is full, will another be available or do we have to wait an hour for the next tour?

You will need to wait for the next hour's tour.
<<   1 ...   25   26   27   28   29   ... 103   >>