Team Beverly Hills is an interactive and educational program that informs community members about their local government representatives, departments and programs; community associations; and current community issues. The Team Beverly Hills Program (“Team BH”) is designed to create an environment that nurtures and encourages leadership, participation and responsibility by the City's community. The vision of Team BH is to develop and maintain an informed, energetic, and diversified resource for community involvement and leadership roles.
What is Team BH?
- Open dialogue with City officials, City representatives and community/business leaders in order to enable and offer participants an understanding of issues, opportunities, and challenges facing the City.
- Presentations and interactive demonstrations with lectures by City officials and representatives (Mayor and City Councilmembers, City Treasurer, City Clerk, City Attorney, City Manager, City Department Heads from Community Development, Community Services, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Public Works, including the Police Chief and the Fire Chief); as well as community groups, local business, and education leaders.
- Tours of City facilities and public/private sites.
- Informal gatherings (for networking between Team BH members, City officials and representatives, and community/business leaders).
- Recognition and graduation program for current Team BH members.
- To build a resource of involved community members for future Commissions, committees, programs, and projects for the benefit of the Beverly Hills community.
- To develop, nurture, and utilize leadership potential within the community.
- To familiarize community members with all aspects of government, business, education, and service industries.
- To involve community members in community activities, projects, and endeavors.
Developed in 1996, Team BH currently has over 750 alumni members. As more community members are educated through Team BH, the positive results benefit the entire community as alumni continue to seek out opportunities to participate and assist in existing civic and community organizations and agencies. The long-term benefits embody an ever-expanding network and resource of community leaders, as well as assist in building a stronger bridge of mutual trust and respect between the community and its government. Many graduates currently serve or have served on City Commissions, volunteer at City events, sit on committees, assist with neighborhood projects, and offer invaluable service to local non-profit organizations.
Team Beverly Hills
455 N. Rexford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Fax: (310) 247-1953