Skip to Main Content
Contractor Licensing Information

The City of Beverly Hills is required by law to verify all construction and contractors' licenses working throughout the city. The Development Services Division is the enforcing agency for all commercial and residential construction.

Licenses may be verified by license number, by business name, or by company or personnel name.

Check a Contractor’s License

Unlicensed Contractors

In the State of California, it is illegal for an unlicensed person to perform contracting work on any project valued at $500 or more in labor and materials.  The Contractors' State License Board (CSLB) provides tools which can be used to verify license status and pending complaints, if any.

If you know that a contractor is doing unlicensed activity, you should report them to the City of Beverly Hills and CSLB.

Report an Unlicensed Contractor

If you have unknowingly signed a contract with an unlicensed contractor, or you are dissatisfied with a licensed contractor’s work, you may file a complaint with the Contractor State License Board.

License ClassificationS

There are many different types of contracting licenses; these include General Engineering Contractor (Class A), General Building Contractor (Class B), and a number of Specialty Contractor licenses (Class C), such as Electrical Contractor, or Drywall Contractor.

Click here for more information about license classifications

  • City of Beverly Hills Shield
  • City of Beverly Hills
  • 455 North Rexford Dr
    Beverly Hills, CA 90210
  • (310) 285-1000
  • Monday-Thursday 7:30AM-5:30PM
  • Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM

© Copyright 2023, City of Beverly Hills. All Rights Reserved.