The Development Services Program (DSP) provides information and assistance on plan review, permitting, building inspections, and compliance with state and local development requirements. The DSP Permit Center offers in-person and online plan review and permitting services for numerous types of development-related permits. Section 9-1-107 of the Beverly Hills Municipal Code outlines when permits are required. Section 9-1-107 (B) lists work exempt from permit.
Depending on the scope of work, your plan review and/or permit may be handled during walk-in hours. Review the following links for additional plan review and permitting information:
Please be advised that Plan Review walk-ins, Plan Review appointments, and Building Inspection services will not be available on Thursday August 18th and Thursday September 1st due to staff training.
For urgent matters, please contact 310-284-1141, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|CALL (310) 285-1141 TO SCHEDULE AN IN-PERSON APPOINTMENT|
A licensed-contractor is required for all projects with a valuation of $500 or more.
- CSLB Licensing Classifications
- Please be prepared to submit an agent-authorization letter if you are not the license holder
Owner-builder projects are only applicable for owner-occupied single-family residences and owner-occupied condos (interior work only). In other words, if the work takes place in a residential property, and the owner occupies that residence, the owner can act as their own general contractor on the job, and either does the work themselves or has employees (or subcontractors) working on the project. The homeowner cannot construct and then sell more than two structures during any three-year period. Commercial and multi-family properties do not qualify for "owner-builder". When you sign a permit application as an owner-builder, you assume full responsibility for all phases of your project and its integrity.
Review the following links for additional information:
- CSLB Owner-Builder Guidelines
- Owner-Builder Acknowledgement & Information Verification
- Owner-Builder Consent Letter
The Permit Center utilizes CitySmart for all permit and inspection services. Using this online software, you can:
- Access and pay for Planning, Building and Safety, and Special Events
- Pay for Code Enforcement-related fees
- Schedule & cancel construction inspections
- Access your permit and inspection records
To manage your permits, please log in using the following link: Login to CitySmart Portal
- How to make a payment
- How to add a permit or case to your profile account
- Online Inspection Scheduling Guide
- Electronic Plan Review
- General Applications and Forms
- For daytime and evening parking exemptions, please contact (310) 285-2548. More information is available on the website: Residential Parking Permits and Overnight Parking Exemptions
- Questions? Review our Frequently Asked Questions, or call (310) 285-1141.