Electronic Plan Review is the fastest, easiest way to complete the submission, review and approval plan check process for:
- Building Plans
- Electrical, Mechanical, & Plumbing Plans
- Concept Reviews (Single-Family Residential & Building Code Review)
- Public Works Traffic Control Plans
- Fire Sprinkler & Fire Alarm Plans
Depending on the scope of work, your project may qualify for electronic plan review. Read the following guide for additional plan review and permitting information:
Electronic Plan Review Steps:
- Complete the Online Plan Review and Permit Application (OPA) to initiate the electronic plan review and permitting process. (The Online Permit Application is applicable for new plan review applications only. Plan review and permit modifications will be handled outside of the OPA portal. Please contact your Plan Review Team or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.)
- City Staff will process your application, apply necessary fees, then send a link to upload your electronic plan files (via Project Dox).
- Applicant must pay plan review fees, then upload plans for review.
- ELECTRONIC PLAN SUBMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS
- ELECTRONIC PLAN FILE NAMING STANDARDS
- ELECTRONIC PLAN REVIEW LOGIN
For more information on the Beverly Hills Electronic Review System please contact us at (310) 285-1141.
If you are having trouble with our Electronic Plan Review System, or require technical assistance, please send a screenshot of the technical issue via email to EplanSupport@beverlyhills.org.
- Which codes are used by the City of Beverly Hills?
- How do I prepare my plans for an e-plan submittal?
- How do I log into the City's Electronic Plan Review system (Project Dox)?
- My plans are ready, how do I upload my plans into Project Dox (City's E-Plan System)?
- How do I view corrections in Project Dox (City's E-Plan System)?
- How do I resubmit corrected plans for old projects/ permits (Pre-10/4/21)?
- How do I check the status of my plan check?
- How long is a plan check application valid for?
- How do I submit my project for electronic plan review?
- How do I submit revisions to previously-approved plans?
- 2019 California Building Code
- 2019 California Residential Code
- 2019 California Green Building Standards Code
- 2019 California Existing Building Code
- 2019 California Mechanical Code
- 2019 California Electrical Code
- 2019 California Plumbing Code
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 California Historical Building Code
- 2019 California Fire Code
Electronic Plan Review correction information is located on the City's E-Plan webpage.
- Electronic Plan Review correction information is located on the City's website.
- These are ONLY applicable to old Projects/Permits. New Permits generated after October 4, 2021 will have a different process.
- A plan check application is valid for five hundred forty-five (545) calendar days (18 months) from the plan check fee payment. A permit must be issued within the aforementioned timeframe.
- Section 9-1-107(L)(3) of the Beverly Hills Municipal Code states that "An application for a permit for any proposed work for which no permit is issued within five hundred forty-five (545) calendar days (18 months) following the date of application shall expire by limitation, and construction documents, plans and other data submitted for review may thereafter be returned to the applicant or destroyed by the building official. Any expired application shall require a new application and applicable fees as determined by the building official shall be paid."
- First, contact your plan review team to determine if the work is eligible for a revision.
- Once confirmed, please complete the Plan Review and Permit Application and email it to permit center (email@example.com).
- On the application, please state: "Revision to approved Permit # BS2... (Provide a detailed description stating what the revision is for)"
- Permit center staff will process the application and re-open the project in Project Dox (City's electronic plan check system) in order for the applicant to upload and submit the revised plans for review.