All proposed new structures require various approvals of architectural and site plans from different City departments.
Please consult "Property and Zoning Information" to learn about regulations for your property. Or call our Department hotline at (310) 285-1141.
Here’s how to get started.
New Structures Regulations
First, make sure all plans are drawn to scale on sheets no smaller than 11 x 17, wet stamped and signed by the engineer and architect of record.
Plans must contain the following information: the name of the property owner, the property address (on every page of the plan), and the name, address and contact information of the design professional.
Architectural Plans and Structural Plans: Submit four stapled sets for new construction and two stapled sets for other projects.
Structural Calculations: Submit one set.
All sets of plans should also contain the following:
- A cover sheet
- A site plan
- A plot plan
- A construction management plan time schedule
- General notes and details/specifications
- The City of Beverly Hills Single Family Residential Plot Summary
- The City of Beverly Hills Inspection Record Document
- The City of Beverly Hills Pre-Construction Meeting Topics
Additional requirements may apply. Contact (310) 285-1141 with questions.