2022 Registration is now open.
On January 3, packets containing information about registration were mailed to Beverly Hills multifamily property owners. The registration deadline is 35 days from the mail date. Registration is mandatory.
You do not need to have received your letter to register. If you registered last year, you can register now.
Visit https://bhrent.beverlyhills.org and login with your credentials from the last registration cycle.
If it's your first time registering, please contact staff at 310-285-1031 or email email@example.com.
For returning users, or those who already have an account through a change of ownership amendment, registration is extremely easy. The information you already filled out, either from 2021 Registration or an ownership amendment, will be prefilled. Simply review, ensure the information is accurate and current (including rent raises), and submit.
First time users and new owners will be required to fill in all information.
If you need assistance you may call 310-285-1031 to schedule a telephone call or video conference.
All non-exempt multi-family properties of two units or more must be registered with the City’s Rent Stabilization Program annually, following written notice from the City.
The following building types are exempt:
- Single-family residences
- Hotels, motels, inns, and rooming houses rented primarily to guests for a period of 30 consecutive days or less
- Multi-family properties that received a certificate of occupancy issued after February 1, 1995
- Non-profit cooperatives owned and controlled by a majority of the residents
- Dwelling units that are owned and operated by a governmental entity or an agency or authority of a governmental entity
If you are an owner of a non-exempt property, please register immediately by visiting our Online Registration System.
Required information includes original and current rent. Once owners have registered, tenants will be notified and asked to confirm or appeal rent amounts given by the owner.
Owners who have registered are required to amend their registration when any of the following occurs:
- Termination of Exemption: When the conditions qualifying a unit for exemption terminate, the owner is required to file a registration form with the City within 30 days after the exemption ends.
- Following a Vacancy. When a unit is re-rented following a vacancy, the owner must re-register with the City within 30 days.
- Change in Ownership or Ownership Contact Information. The seller must provide the City with written notice of the change in ownership including the date of transfer, and the name and address of the new owner, within 30 days of the close of escrow. The new owner also must file a registration form with the City within 30 days of the close of escrow. The new owner's registration will only be accepted by the City if it is accompanied by a copy of a written notification from the landlord advising all tenants of the change of ownership and providing the name, address and telephone number of the new owner and new property manager, and a declaration that the new owner served the written notification on all the tenants.
- Change in Building Management or Management Contact Information. The owner must file registration amendments with the City within 30 days of a change of the property manager or authorized agent.
If you have questions please contact City of Beverly Hills Staff.