Rent Stabilization Commission Jurisdiction and Functions are as follows:
- Act as advisory to the City Council in all matters which relate to rent stabilization ordinance including recommendations for ordinance modifications regarding the following:
- Modification of major remodeling amounts
- Institute a "cash for keys" notice requirements
- Evaluation of current relocation fees
- 100% relocation fees for owner occupied evictions
- Proactive inspection program
- Examination of Beverly Hills habitability standards
- Pass-through charges: water reliability, seismic retrofit, refuse and annual registration
- Annual maximum allowable rent increase percentage
- Allowance of chapter 6 termination within 1st Year lease term with no relocation fees required
- Special qualified status, and rent subsidy program.
- Other possible amendments to the City's Rent Stabilization Ordinance.
- Addition of a surcharge for additional tenants
- Perform such other duties and functions as may be designated by Council
- Hear and make determinations on COVID-19 appeals
Rent Stabilization Commission meetings typically take place at 6:00 PM on the first Wednesday of the month, in Room 280-A on the second floor of City Hall. The public is encouraged to contribute their views on the topics presented for Commission review; participation information can be found on the meeting agenda.
Current meeting agendas are posted in the Beverly Hills Library bulletin board, Rexford parking structure lobby and in City Hall (current agenda can also be viewed on the menu tab on the left).
If you have a rent stabilization concern you would like the Rent Stabilization Commission to address, please mail correspondence to:
Community Development Department
Attn: Rent Stabilization Commission
455 N. Rexford Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210-3609
Phone: (310) 285-1031
You may also e-mail your rent stabilization concerns for public comment to the Commission at: commentRSC@beverlyhills.org. General rent stabilization questions or concerns may be emailed to email@example.com.