For the Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 Recital Series
Saturday, April 15, 2023
Roxbury Community Center 471 S. Roxbury Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
*Virtual auditions might be accommodated.
Submission deadline: Friday, April 7, 2023 5pm PST Winners announced by Sunday, April 23, 2023
Winners receive performance engagements and recognition at Music in the Mansion Festival (City of Beverly Hills' Greystone Mansion 3rd week of April 2024), as well as an engagement considerations by members of the Consortium of Southern California Chamber Music Presenters, including Classical Sundays at Six at St. James in the City (formerly Sundays Live! at LACMA), Laguna Beach Live!, Classical Crossroads’ “First Fridays at First!~ƒƒƒ” & “Second Sundays at Two”, and more than 40 other Southland concert series.
Each winning artist/ensemble receives an honorarium, with the event publicized online and in local newspapers. Auditions are open to instrumentalists, pianists, vocalists and chamber ensembles.
Now in its 29th Season, designated a "Best Bet" by the Los Angeles Times and a "Pick of the Week" by L.A. Weekly, "the series is a much sought opportunity for performers...The talent level is extremely high." - Los Angeles Times
- Auditions are open to professional musicians from age 20. Live audition time: about 15 minutes.
- At least two contrasting pieces are required for the audition; for example: Classical & Romantic periods. Must include a short virtuoso selection (if the virtuoso selection is from the Romantic period that satisfies both requirements). It is recommended to offer 4-5 compositions for the audition (including some from the applicant's proposed recital program), as the committee prefers to see a wide selection and may request short "samplings".
- Application must include: artist’s repertoire list, a suggested recital program of 60 minutes without intermission, and a biography.
- Winners will be announced on Sunday, April 23, 2023. Notification of the performance dates will follow by email/phone.
- The Consortium's concert-series presenters will make separate concert arrangements with the selected artists/ensembles.
- Laura Schmieder, Chair. Director, iPalpiti Artists International, Inc. Artistic Director Music in the Mansion
- Karla Devine, Artistic Director, Classical Crossroads, Torrance, CA
- Bill Vestal, Director, Classical Sundays at Six!
- Jim Gilliam, Arts Administrator
- In addition, members of the Consortium of Southern California Chamber Music Presenters are invited as guests to the Auditions, which include more than 40 other Southland concert series.
Application Submission Instructions
- Application deadline is Friday, April 7, 2023
- Application fee is $30. Applicants will receive a payment link by email once their completed application is processed.
- Complete the online application and submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.