The 2023 Beverly Hills National Auditions were held at
Roxbury Community Center 471 S. Roxbury Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Talented artists and ensembles selected in April at the Beverly Hills National Auditions will be presented in the 2023-2024 season by the City of Beverly Hills’ on Music In The Mansion series in the historic Greystone Mansion, as well as an engagement considerations by members of the Consortium of Chamber Music Presenters of Southern California, including Classical Sundays at Six at St. James in the City (formerly Sundays Live! at LACMA), Laguna Beach Live!, Classical Crossroads’ “First Fridays at First!~ƒƒƒ” & “Second Sundays at Two”, select California Presenters venues and more than 40 other Southland concert series.
Each winning artist/ensemble receives an honorarium, with the event publicized online and in local newspapers. Auditions are open to instrumentalists, pianists, vocalists and chamber ensembles.
Now in its 29th Season, designated a "Best Bet" by the Los Angeles Times and a "Pick of the Week" by L.A. Weekly, "the series is a much sought opportunity for performers...The talent level is extremely high." - Los Angeles Times
- Auditions are open to professional musicians from age 20. Live audition time: about 15 minutes.
- At least two contrasting pieces are required for the audition; for example: Classical & Romantic periods. Must include a short virtuoso selection (if the virtuoso selection is from the Romantic period that satisfies both requirements). It is recommended to offer 4-5 compositions for the audition (including some from the applicant's proposed recital program), as the committee prefers to see a wide selection and may request short "samplings".
- Application must include: artist’s repertoire list, a suggested recital program of 60 minutes without intermission, and a biography.
- Winners were announced on Sunday, April 23, 2023. Notification of the performance dates followed by email/phone.
- The Consortium's concert-series presenters will make separate concert arrangements with the selected artists/ensembles.
- Laura Schmieder, Chair. Director, iPalpiti Artists International, Inc. Artistic Director Music in the Mansion
- Karla Devine, Artistic Director, Classical Crossroads, Torrance, CA
- Bill Vestal, Director, Classical Sundays at Six!
- Jim Gilliam, Arts Administrator
- In addition, members of the Consortium of Southern California Chamber Music Presenters are invited as guests to the Auditions, which include more than 40 other Southland concert series.
Application Submission Instructions
- The application for the 2024 Auditions will be posted in February of 2024.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.