Community Emergency Response Team
What is CERT?
The CERT Basic Course is delivered by a team of Beverly Hills Fire Department personnel and certified CERT instructors providing the foundational training and basic skills that are important to know when emergency services are not immediately available.
You can make a difference by using the training to save lives and protect property in disasters like earthquakes, fires, terrorism, hazardous incidents, and other general life-threatening situations.
CERTs are able to:
- Assist emergency services personnel when requested in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) developed by the sponsoring agency and by area of training
- Assume some of the same functions as emergency services personnel following a disaster
- Prepare families and communities prior to emergencies and assist neighbors during an emergency when first responders are not immediately available
*This Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) certified course does not require previous emergency knowledge for participation.
Ready to start your emergency preparedness training? Sign up at CERT Application.
CERT in-person Training
All Modules/Units will be covered throughout the course of 6 days to successfully complete and obtain a Certificate of Completion. Each day you will be learning with our CERT Instructors, Fire Personnel, and Fire Inspectors for 3 hours each day the basics of emergency preparedness and hands-on exercises making the class very interactive with the objective of preparing you for real emergencies.
- Sping 2024 -
NOTE: This training requires you to attend all 6 days to complete the Basic CERT training. If you have any questions or concerns please email email@example.com
CERT for Businesses Training
This accelerated 9 hours, 1 day-only training is specially planned for businesses (employees and employers) within the City of Beverly Hills focusing its training content on employees and employers who need to be prepared in case of emergencies and disasters. This training is equal in material as the community CERT (21 hours).
- October 17, 2023, from 8 am to 5 pm-
CERT Virtual Training
Start your virtual training at any time by clicking on each link below. At the end of each module, you will be presented with a True or False five-question quiz to reinforce your training and also earn your Virtual Certificate. Once all 8 CERT modules have been completed, you must attend the in-person/hands-on training on the next training cycle to receive your final Certificate of Completion.
- Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
- Unit 2: CERT Organization
- Unit 3: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 1
- Unit 4: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 2
- Unit 5: Disaster Psychology
- Unit 6: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- Unit 7: Light Search and Rescue Operations
- Unit 8: Terrorism and CERT
To access the latest digital version of FEMA/CERT Basic Training Participant Manual, please follow this link: https://www.ready.gov/sites/default/files/2019.CERT_.Basic_.PM_FINAL_508c.pdf
Questions?, please email CERT@beverlyhills.org or call (626) 766 8916, please leave a voicemail with your name, best contact number, and a brief message.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Tuesday, November 14, 2023, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Fire Station 1 (HQ) 445 N Rexford Dr. 90210 (fire training room).
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org subject line refresher.
|Business Emergency Response Team (BERT)||Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)|
INDIVIDUAL & COMMUNITY PREPAREDNESS FREE DOWNLOADS: