Community Emergency Response Team
What is the Community Emergency Response Team?
The CERT Basic Course is delivered by a team of Beverly Hills Fire Department personnel and certified instructors providing the foundational training and basic skills that are important to know when emergency services are not immediately available.
You can make a difference by using the training to save lives and protect property in disasters like earthquakes, fires, terrorism, hazardous incidents, and other general life-threatening situations.
- Assist emergency services personnel when requested under standard operating procedures (SOPs) developed by the sponsoring agency and by area of training
- Assume some of the same functions as emergency services personnel following a disaster
- Prepare families and communities before emergencies and assist neighbors during an emergency when first responders are not immediately available
*This Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) certified course does not require previous emergency knowledge for participation.
Ready to start your emergency preparedness training? Sign up at CERT Application.
CERT Community training
This national FEMA course requires a commitment of 6 days to complete and obtain a Certificate of Completion. Each training day, running for 3 hours, you will be learning the basics of emergency and disaster preparedness with hands-on exercises making the class very interactive to better prepare you for emergencies like small fires, earthquakes, and other disasters.
- Spring 2024 -
CERT for Business training
This accelerated 9 hours, 1 day-only training is specially planned for businesses (employees and employers) within the City of Beverly Hills focusing its training content on employees and employers who need to be prepared in case of emergencies and disasters. This training is equal in material as the community CERT (21 hours).
- Fall 2024, from 8 am to 5 pm-
CERT Virtual training
Start your virtual training at any time by clicking on each link below. At the end of each module, you will be presented with a True or False five-question quiz to reinforce your training and also earn your Virtual Certificate. Once all 8 CERT modules have been completed, you must attend the in-person/hands-on training on the next training cycle to receive your final Certificate of Completion.
- Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
- Unit 2: CERT Organization
- Unit 3: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 1
- Unit 4: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 2
- Unit 5: Disaster Psychology
- Unit 6: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- Unit 7: Light Search and Rescue Operations
- Unit 8: Terrorism and CERT
Questions?, please email CERT@beverlyhills.org or call (626) 766 8916, please leave a voicemail with your name, best contact number, and a brief message.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
-Date and Time will be posted here-
Fire Station 1 (HQ) 445 N Rexford Dr. 90210 (fire training room).
Please RSVP at email@example.com subject line refresher.