David Schirmer is Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the City of Beverly Hills. He has extensive experience in the design, development, implementation, and management of large-scale, multi-faceted enterprise IT systems in both the public and private sectors. He joined the City of Beverly Hills in 2001 and was named CIO in 2007.
As CIO, Mr. Schirmer holds overall accountability for the vision, management, oversight, and delivery of a multi-million dollar IT budget that provides strategic solutions to mission critical City functions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Major project areas of focus include:
- Expansion of Public Wi-Fi to the commercial areas of the City
- Development of new eGov and eDemocracy applications on mobile platforms (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.)
- Upgrades to City Website
- Expansion of the CCTV system to commercial areas of the City
- Provision of network, Internet and IT services to BHUSD
- Replacement of the City’s finance system to improve eGov and business intelligence
- Expansion of the City’s fiber optic network
- Development of new communications tools
Under Mr. Schirmer’s leadership, the Information Technology Department has received numerous Awards of Excellence from the Municipal Information Systems association of California (MISAC). Mr. Schirmer is active in various professional organizations including MISAC, and the CIO Executive Council. He holds a Master’s Degree from the University of Edinburgh and a Bachelor’s Degree from UCLA.