What: Water Main Replacement Project on Coldwater Cañon Drive
When: Beginning: Mid–February 2023 Ending: Mid–April 2024 (weather permitting).
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays).
Where: Coldwater Cañon Drive - from Rexford Drive to Monte Cielo Drive
Monte Cielo Drive - from Coldwater Cañon Drive to La Fontaine Court.
The City’s contractor, Williams Pipeline Contractors, Inc., will begin construction of the water main replacement project in Coldwater Cañon Drive to replace approximately 7,300 feet of aging distribution pipeline (60-90 years old) and install approximately 3,000 feet of a new transmission pipeline. The project scope includes survey, potholing, trenching, shoring, pipeline and miscellaneous installations.
What to Expect:
- Construction crews and equipment.
- No parking signs and traffic control devices such as cones, delineators, and arrow boards.
- Lane closures and traffic shifting
- One lane each direction will be maintained most of the time, however, in certain locations, only one lane will be available for both directions and will be controlled by flaggers.
- Changeable message boards placed in various locations to advise through traffic to use alternate routes.
- Separate notices will be delivered by the contractor to residents adjacent to the work area at least 3 days in advance of commencing the work.
- Coldwater Cañon Water Main Replacement Project Notice
- Coldwater Water Main Replacement Agenda Report
For questions, please contact:
Public Works Customer Service