BIKE ACTIVITIES FROM HOME
Below are some fun bike activities you can do from home:
- Participate in free virtual bike classes
- Request a free copy of a bike safety booklet from the City (see Bicycle Safety section below)
- Take an online bicycle safety course
- Learn how to fit your helmet properly
- Learn how to fix a flat tire
- Learn how to conduct a basic bike check
- Look through bike guides and safety tips (plus more under Bicycle Safety section below)
- Brush up on your California bicycling laws
- Decorate your bike
- Play a bike safety bingo game online
- Take a yoga class for bicyclists
- Read a book about bicycling
CITY BICYCLE PROGRAMS
In order to ensure the availability of reliable transportation options through this uncertain time for essential trips outside the home, Beverly Hills Bike Share is continuing to operate normal service. New and existing Beverly Hills Bike Share members can ride free 90 minutes per trip with an unlimited number of trips per day while the COVID-19 Safer-At-Home order is in effect. The out-of-hub and out-of-system area fees still apply. To sign-up for the program and view bike share station locations, please visit www.BeverlyHillsBikeShare.com. Contact (323) 302-8130 for questions about the program. To stay updated on COVID-19, visit the City of Beverly Hills Newsroom at www.beverlyhills.org/novelcoronavirus.
The Beverly Hills Bike Share program was launched on May 10, 2016. The system has 50 smart bikes and several stations throughout the City. Riders can use the 'Social Bicycles' smart phone app (download from app store) or www.BeverlyHillsBikeShare.com website to sign-up, find available bikes and docking stations, and reserve bikes. Beverly Hills Bike Share is part of the Bike Share Connect network with the City of Santa Monica and UCLA.
Bike Rack-on-Request Program
The Beverly Hills Bike Rack-On-Request Program provides residents and business owners in the City of Beverly Hills the opportunity to request a bike rack location for installation in the public right-of-way in commercial areas (if feasible). The bike racks are available free of charge. Click here for more information.
Bike Rack Locations
- Interactively see the locations and pictures of bike racks throughout the City
- View a printable bike rack locations map
Beverly Hills Mobility Webpage
The City launched a Beverly Hills Mobility website that provides pedestrian-bicycle education materials, and resources to navigate the city using different modes of transportation. Visit beverlyhills.org/mobility.
Bike Safety Tips
Below are some bike safety tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and other resources:
- NHTSA Bicycle Safety Tips for Parents, Guardians, and Kids
- NHTSA How to Fit A Bike Helmet
- NHTSA Rules of the Road
- California Bicycle Coalition: California Bicycle Laws Summary
- LA Metro Bicycles Page - Provides information on free bike classes, rules for bikes on Metro buses/trains and regional bike facilities/infrastructure
- LA Metro Video: How to Take Your Bike on a Bus
- LA Metro Video: How to Take Your Bike on a Train