Residential Refuse and Recycling Collections
The City utilizes an automated refuse collection system meaning that the driver does not exit the vehicle when making the pick-up. Therefore, any refuse left on the side will not be collected.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO:
- Bag and tie all refuse
- Close the container lid
- Do not overflow the container
- Do not place organic waste in BLACK containers
- Do not place any loose refuse next to the container
- Do not place any bulky items in CITY ISSUED containers. Please call (310) 285-2467 to schedule a special pick-up.
HOW DO I RECYCLE?
Recycling is easy. You no longer need to sort out recyclables...the City does it for you!
The City has developed an integrated approach to refuse collection services including trash, green waste and recycling. BLACK containers are for all household refuse including recyclables and GREEN containers for grass clippings, tree trimmings, leaves, brush weeds, and food scraps. The mixed waste is sent to a material recovery facility where the recyclables are sorted and the organic waste is sent to a composting facility.
This new system has enabled to City to meet and exceed a state mandated 50% diversion of waste from landfills. In 2022, the City's overall diversion rate was 59%.
Alley Clean-up Schedule:
- First and Third week of the month - North of Santa Monica Blvd.
- Second and Fourth week of the month - South of Santa Monica Blvd.
Residential Curbside Collection Schedule:
- Tuesday – South of Santa Monica Blvd.
- Thursday – North of Santa Monica Blvd.
RESIDENTIAL WASTE COLLECTION ROUTE MAPS:
The Solid Waste Division works on all holidays with the exception of:
- New Year’s Day