Trousdale Vehicle Inspections
On August 29, 2015, the City of Beverly Hills City Council adopted an ordinance to regulate construction activities, including the regulation of heavy trucks accessing and parking at construction sites, within the Trousdale Estates area. Vehicles having a gross weight of ten thousand (10,000) pounds or more with three (3) or more axles or vehicles having a gross vehicle weight of twenty six thousand (26,000) pounds or more must be annually inspected and certified by the city's licensed safety inspector. (The vehicle must have a secondary braking system (i.e. engine brake or Jake brake), and it shall prominently display a City-issued decal indicating that the vehicle has been certified for operation within the Trousdale Estates area.)
A Trousdale Vehicle Inspection Permit is required to certify a heavy vehicle travel within the Trousdale Estates area. The following steps are required to apply for a Vehicle Inspection Permit:
- Complete the online application located at the bottom of the page.
- A Vehicle Inspection Permit will be created per vehicle, in the City’s Online Business Center.
- The Trousdale Vehicle Inspection Permit needs to be paid prior to the vehicle inspection.
- Fees can be paid online at https://cs.beverlyhills.org/csportal/
- Permit Processing Fee: $54 +Truck Inspection Fee: $175 = $229 (per truck)
- Permit Processing Fee: $54 + Trailer Inspection Fee: $50 = $104 (per trailer)
- After obtaining a Trousdale Vehicle Inspection Permit, the trucking company is required to contact Trukspect, Inc. directly at (626) 307-5400 to schedule a vehicle inspection.
- Failed vehicle inspections are subject to a $50 vehicle re-inspection fee
- The vehicle owner is responsible for obtaining the decals.
- The “Passed” Trukspect Vehicle Inspection Report must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain the Trousdale inspection decals
- Vehicle inspection certifications are valid one year from the inspection date
- Re-inspection/certification by the city’s agent will be necessary for the decals to remain valid
**Please note: The City of Beverly Hills Public Works Department - Solid Waste handles ALL roll-off bin service for businesses and residents. Applications for Roll-off bins will not be processed.