City Clerk's Office FAQ's

When does the City Council meet?

  • The regular meeting schedule is the first and third Tuesdays of each month, with Study Sessions at 2:30pm and Formal Meetings at 7pm.  However, these schedules can vary, so you may check with the City Clerk's Office by calling (310) 285-2400, or access the meeting schedule on this website.

May I address the City Councilmembers at a meeting?

  • Yes, the public has an opportunity to address the City Councilmembers at the beginning of both Study Session and Formal meetings.  You will need to complete a speaker slip and hand it to the City Clerk or recording secretary before the meeting begins.  You will have the opportunity to speak up to 3 minutes (at the Mayor's discretion).  Audience comments for items not on the agenda will be taken at the beginning of the meeting under Oral Communications.  Comments for items on the agenda will be taken when that item is called.

How do I request copies of City documents?

  • Request for easily identifiable documents may be made in person in the City Clerk's Office and copies are made available at that time for a fee.  However, more complex document requests must be submitted in writing by email to, or in person or by fax to (310) 385-0862.  The City has 10 calendar days to respond and will advise the requestor, in writing, as to availability of those records for inspection or photocopying.  For more information, please view our Public Records webpage.

How do I obtain a marriage license?

How can I obtain copies of birth, marriage or death records? 

  • Birth, Marriage and Death records are archived by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. For more information about obtaining birth, marriage or death records, please call (800) 201-8999, (562) 462-2137, or click on the following link to be connected to their records page:

Where do I pay my business taxes?

  • Business tax for businesses located within the City are issued by our Finance Department/Customer Services Division.  You may contact them at (310) 285-2424.

When is the next City Council election and what are the requirements to run for office?

  • In compliance with Senate Bill 415 (SB415), also known as the California Voter Participation Rights Act approved by Governor Jerry Brown on September 1, 2015, the City adopted Ordinance No. 17-O-2740 on October 17, 2017 changing the City’s General Municipal Election from the first Tuesday after the first Monday of March in odd-numbered years to the first Tuesday after the first Monday in March of even-numbered years, and will be consolidated with the Statewide Primary Election in March 2020.  Each candidate must be at least 18 years of age, a citizen of the United States, and a registered voter residing within the Beverly Hills City limits at the time nomination papers are issued. 

How do I change the date of my Jury Duty service? 

  • Jury Duty service is handled through the Los Angeles County court system.  Please contact the Los Angeles County Superior Court's Juror Service Telephone Center at (800) 778-5879 or go to

Where do I get the City's demographics?

  • Please click on the following link for information: Demographics.  Any further questions can be directed to the City's Community Development Department/Planning Division at (310) 285-1141.

When was the City incorporated?

  •  January 28, 1914

Do the City Councilmembers represent individual districts?

  • No, the City Councilmembers are elected at-large and represent the entire City.

Is Beverly Hills a General Law or Charter City?

  • Beverly Hills is a General Law City governed by the general laws of the State of California.

What political parties do the City Councilmembers belong to?

  • The City Councilmembers are non-partisan. 


  • City of Beverly Hills Shield
  • City of Beverly Hills
  • 455 North Rexford Dr
    Beverly Hills, CA 90210
  • (310) 285-1000
  • Monday-Thursday 7:30AM-5:30PM
  • Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
© Copyright 2019, City of Beverly Hills. All Rights Reserved.