The City of Beverly Hills may use various forms of alert and notifications systems to tell the public there is an emergency and what actions they need to take. The severity and type of emergency will determine the type of notification used. For more information on the various methods of Alert and Warning employed by the City, read the Alert and Warning Fact Sheet.
The City of Beverly Hills has implemented a state-of-the-art emergency notification program to alert citizens about current emergencies.
The system enables the City to deliver essential information quickly in the event of natural and manmade emergencies.
How Emergency Alerts Work
Messages about a potential safety hazard or concern will be sent to land line phones, cell phones, e-mail, and more in the event of an emergency or disaster.
Residents and business owners must register the voice and text communication devices where they wish to receive messages. All members of a household should register ALL communication devices and email addresses, both personal and work!
Sign Up for Emergency Alerts
Residents and businesses with land line telephone numbers have already been included in the system. You may use the registration link to include additional ways to contact you. All information you provide will be kept strictly confidential. Visit www.beverlyhills.org/emergencynotification to sign up.
Other Sources of Information During & After an Emergency
For emergency information specific to the City of Beverly Hills go to the following sources:
- City of Beverly Hills Website: www.beverlyhills.org
- City of Beverly Hills Disaster Hotline: (310) 550-4680
- Radio: 1500 AM
- Television: Channels 10 and 35
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/beverlyhillsoem
- BHPDalert: Text "BHPDALERT" to 888777 to receive text message alerts
- Beverly Hills OEM Alert: Text "BEVHILLS" to 888777 to receive text message alerts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CityofBevHills
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cityofbevhills
For information or questions regarding Alerts and Notifications, please call (310) 285-1014.