The mission of the Human Services Division is to provide a crucial safety net for members of our community most in need of help.
The City of Beverly Hills' General Plan (PDF) identifies the following four priorities for the Human Services Division:
- Social Services Safety Net
- Continue to prevent crises through referrals to benefits advocacy, legal assistance, and services that address food, shelter, health maintenance and transportation. Click here to learn about Human Services' Community Partners.
- Elderly Assistance/Education
- Provide educational and human services to the City's active and frail elderly residents to maintain and improve their quality of life, personal growth and enrichment. Click here to learn about Human Services' Community Partners.
- Diversity Awareness/Education
- Maintain a sense of community and increase public awareness of and respect for the cultural diversity of the City. Promote a positive social environment between the members of individual neighborhoods and the community at large. Click here to learn about the Human Relations Commission's work in this area, supported by the Human Services Division.
- Regional Social Responsibility
- Collaborate with other communities to develop programs, resources and outreach for the prevention and intervention for emerging local and regional issues such as homelessness. Learn about the City's efforts to address homelessness with the Changing Lives and Sharing Places (CLASP) Team.
Additional Resources and Referrals
- JFSLA Senior Care Management
- JFSLA Homeless Prevention Program for Older Adults 55+
- Discrimination Advocacy and Diversity Education Resources (PDF)
- Housing Resources
- Homeless Shelter
- Housing Rights
- Human Services Community Partners
- Local Resources Information (PDF)
- Senior Services
- Transportation Assistance
Interested in becoming a Human Services Division Community Partner?
Human Relations Commission
The Human Relations Commission works closely with the Human Services Administrator. The Commission is a board of Beverly Hills residents committed to promoting positive human relations in all aspects of community life through its Embrace Civility initiative. The initiative includes the following programs: Civil City, Bullying Prevention, Embrace Civility Award and an Election Civility Statement.
The Commission meets regularly on the third Thursday of each month at 9:00 am in Room 280-A. All recommendations of the Commission are transmitted to the City Council through meeting minutes and/or written reports.
City of Beverly Hills
444 N. Rexford Drive
2nd Floor Library Auditorium
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: (310) 285-1006
Fax: (310) 278- 3387
Email your questions or comments to Ask Bev
Human Services Administrator: Chris Paulson
Human Services Outreach Manager: Enisha Clark, LCSW
Human Services Specialist: Susana De La Torre, LCSW
Human Services Program Operation Specialist: Christina Garcia
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00pm