Community Emergency Response Team
What is CERT?
The CERT Basic Course is delivered by a team of Beverly Hills Fire Department personnel and certified CERT instructors providing the foundational training and basic skills that are important to know when emergency services are not immediately available.
You can make a difference by using the training to save lives and protect property in different disasters like earthquakes, fires, terrorism, hazardous incidents, and other general life-threatening situations.
CERTs are able to:
- Assist emergency services personnel when requested in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) developed by the sponsoring agency and by area of training
- Assume some of the same functions as emergency services personnel following a disaster
- Prepare families and communities prior to emergencies and assist neighbors during an emergency when first responders are not immediately available
*This Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) certified course does not require previous emergency knowledge for participation.
Get emergency preparedness ready and sign up at CERT Application.
CERT in-person Training
All Modules/Units will be covered throughout the course of 6 days to successfully complete and be able to obtain a Certificate of Completion. Each day you will be learning with our CERT Instructors, Fire Personnel and Fire Inspectors for 3 hours each day the basics of emergency preparedness and hands-on exercises making the class very interactive with the objective of preparing you with real emergency events.
- Next Training will take place in 2023 -
CERT for Businesses Training
This accelerated 8 hours, 1 day only training is especially planned for businesses within the City of Beverly Hills focusing its training content for employees and employers who need to be prepared in case of emergencies and disasters. This training is equal in material as the community CERT (21 hours).
Tuesday, October 11, 2022 from 8 am to 5 pm at City Hall Municipal Gallery
CERT Virtual Training
Start your virtual training any time by clicking each link below. At the end of each module you will be presented with a True or False five-questions quiz to reinforce your training and also earn your Virtual Certificate. Once all 8 CERT modules have been completed, you will be required to attend the in-person/hands-on training on the next training cycle to receive your final Certificate of Completion.
- Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
- Unit 2: CERT Organization
- Unit 3: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 1
- Unit 4: Disaster Medical Operations, Part 2
- Unit 5: Disaster Psychology
- Unit 6: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- Unit 7: Light Search and Rescue Operations
- Unit 8: Terrorism and CERT
To access the latest digital version of FEMA/CERT Basic Training Participant Manual, please follow this link: https://www.ready.gov/sites/default/files/2019.CERT_.Basic_.PM_FINAL_508c.pdf
Questions?, please email CERT@beverlyhills.org or call (626) 766 8916, please leave a voicemail with your name, best contact number and a brief message.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Fire Station 1 (HQ) 445 N Rexford Dr. 90210 (fire training room).
Please RSVP at email@example.com subject line refresher.
|Business Emergency Response Team (BERT)||Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)|
INDIVIDUAL & COMMUNITY PREPAREDNESS FREE DOWNLOADS: